Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Im NEW to building lasers pls help with blue laser pen

im new to buliding lasers and im planning to build my first one.im planning to build a blue laser pen.
Please tell me if these parts will work together.

Blue laser diode:
Osram 80mW 450nm Blue Laser Diode (TO56 5.6mm) PLT5 450B - OdicForce

Laser boost driver:
0 - 1600mA Boost Driver Board for 445/450nm Blue Laser Diodes - OdicForce

Laser Diode Housing:
Laser Diode Housing Chrome and Copper (12mm x 30mm long for 5.6mm diodes) - OdicForce

Laser Pen Host:
Laser Pen Host/Body - OdicForce

I think i need a switch board and but i cant find any
pls help guys:thinking:
hope you guys will help me:thanks:

Encap

im new to buliding lasers and im planning to build my first one.im planning to build a blue laser pen.
Please tell me if these parts will work together.

I think i need a switch board and but i cant find any
pls help guys:thinking:
hope you guys will help me:thanks:[/QUOTE

Make a post in the Welcome sub-forum telling something about yourself if you expect help.

Email OdicForce and ask if they supply a switch with the host or can supply a driver that has switch built into it--alternatively buy a complete kit from Survival Laser not a pen but complete see: https://www.survivallaser.com/Survival_Laser_I_445nm_Laser/p556088_2498177.aspx

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm new to this forum and I don't know much about it .I'll try to email odicforce and ask them if they have switch boards

GSS

Telling the forum where your located would make it easier for members to help you.:)
If your not in the US it changes alot of options..

Last edited:
Why would you come to this forum to ask that question when every single item you posted a link to is sold by the same seller in the UK? Ask them.

Alright, I just want to ask people that have experience building lasers.And I'm not quite sure if the parts will work together.

The seller could give you the best advice, and if bad advice, you would then have recourse to return the parts which won't work. Perhaps you are posting these links for them here to drive members to their web site? More likely what you are doing here, in my opinion. Of course, I could be so wrong, but I did give you advise and yes, they will probably work together but ask the seller.

Dont get the wrong idea please,I just wanted to know if I will work together btw thanks for the advice since it is my first time trying to build one : )

GSS

I'm from Malaysia
That's a start..
As far as output strength I don't see to much of a heat issue in a small pen host, "which is a typical ebay pen host you posted"..
Fitting the driver and making sure the diode pins are compatible, I can't help but other's should chime in.
There's always a way, and would depend on just how good a tinkerer you are:)