Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm just happy to be anywhere.

After a lifetime of abusing my body, both as a city firefighter and a long time alcoholic and adrenaline junkie, I'm just happy to be anywhere above ground. I have slowed down considerably lately; sober six years, retired for 5, so I had one relatively good year there.

I stll like to shoot, especially handgun, but I don't compete anymore. Too expensive. Believe it or not, firing 10,000+ rounds a year adds up.

I also build and crash r/c aircraft, sometimes with a few glorious minutes (or seconds) of flight in between "Yes!" and "Sh-t!"

I'm not a grammar nazi, but I feel that online the only way people can judge who you are is what you write. Gross stupidity, MANY misspellings, poor grammar, texting talk, etc. all make you look, well, stupid. OK, rant over.

Hope to be here awhile, will get to know some of you and hopefully make some new friends.

Oh yes, also, I could always tell me wife that the reason I have so many expensive flashlights is because they are all useful in their own way. I wonder how I'll sell her on my (even more expensive) lasers? Damned joint checking!

Welcome to the forum! You sound like you'll fit in quite well here. I welcome anyone who recognizes the importance of good grammar.

Read the stickies in each section, and spend some time reading the info in the two links in my signature below. There's a wealth of information at your fingertips.

Rob

Oh yeah, you'll definitely fit in around here. :D

Welcome to the forum.