Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Im excited for my personal new experience.

I saw that price a week ago. Still too pricey for me. I have a feeling Sharp will have a 488nm before much longer.

No, but I wouldn't buy it as an engraver. Two separate drivers and only TTL input. Wonder how well the drivers sync up when using the TTL.

I wasn't thinking about using it for engraving but for a backyard burner build since the 7A75 has better divergence than the 44, I would likely not use the bulky drivers either, it's the 2 x 7A75's and I'm assuming a PBS cube and a waveplate, but there's no inside view or details on how they orientate the 2 diodes, but if as above then I would add the 3XBE and make a Buck Rodgers ray gun type build, that's if the 2 diodes are properly combined....it would be awesome if they were both cylindrically corrected pre PBS cubs as well but I highly doubt it.

Go for it, then. I would like to see if they are as you suspect. If they did a good job of combining them it would make a great build with a BE.

I wonder what they meant by the "dot" is "unfocusable"? That is a huge PBS cube for this application. I think they just went as cheap as possible. I would be apprehensive about using that as an engraver too.

Yes, no doubt they have the 2 primary lenses set for it to cut thin material at a pre determined distance.

Example 3cm or such with an air jet ( possibly recommended, but not supplied ) to keep smoke from soiling the optics.

I wonder if the 7A75's are zero hour " new " or used equipment pulls, they really don't give a lot of info.

Even worse yet they may be using NUBM05 diodes with the GBall cans removed just like they are selling listed as NDB7A75's , This really puts me off, and NO I will not be buying the unit, because those diodes shown are not really 7A75's and in my opinion they don't last as long once the can is removed.

> Harvested 9mm Nichia 3.5W 450-455nm blue laser diode / NDB7A75 [OL-3.5WBO] - $49.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Last edited:
Richie, you have two expensive loves in your life, a girl friend and lasers. Don't worry, it gets more expensive when you marry, this is just the start.
lmao! youre certainly not the first that has told me that. im just so glad that my girlfriend supports my laser hobby, so much so that she has actually bought me a diode before :)

Your post prompted me to check out Olike and I found something!
OSRAM PLT5488 488nm 60MW Navy blue laser diode /M feet/ 5.6mm di [ol-488-1.2] - $545.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

This is the cheapest PLT 488 that I've seen :D

whoa!! i cant decide if i want to save for a 589nm Dragon or a 488nm diode. decisions decisions lol