Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm buying my first green laser pointer!

I really want one that I can see the beam very easily at night time; almost as visible as the actual dot. I don't really plan on doing anything with it other than pointing it around and having some fun, showing it off. I don't want to spend a ton of money, and I have no idea where to get the best one from for the cheapest price. I am willing to spend ~$40.

I want to have one that I can EASILY see the beam at night time and in low-light conditions. Are there any that fit my criteria?

EDIT:

Okay, so I just heard back from the company. I purchased the 50mw about a week ago and they just emailed me regarding my order. Apparently, they are out of stock of the 50mw so I would need to either get the 30mw or upgrade to the 100mw. I really wanted the 50mw laser so I'm not too sure what to do!

I fear the 30mw would not be a bright enough beam but the 100mw would be overkill. Also, in order to get the 100mw, I would need to spend another $40 which I really don't want to do...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've heard great things about the 50mw laser and if I do need to upgrade, I guess I will...

Any other alternatives? I definitely want a 50mw one though! Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum :)

Keep in mind that careless use of a laser of this class could cause permanent eye damage quite easily.

You should also take into consideration that the batteries for that laser can be a bit expensive; you should get a charger and rechargeable batteries (I think rayfoss also sells those).

50mW of 532nm would be quite visible at night, more so if there is fog or dust in the air.

merged multiple posts

Thank you very much!

From the one I found, I also found a review on this forum as well of a different laser.

Here it is!

Maybe someone could shed some light between the two?

Laser: $21.66 New Keychain Green Beam Laser Pointer Pen Flashlight 30mW/50mW/100mW - BudgetGadgets.com

Review: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/50mw-cr2-green-handheld-budgetgadgets-37900.html

Decisions, decisions.

You should also take into consideration that the batteries for that laser can be a bit expensive; you should get a charger and rechargeable batteries (I think rayfoss also sells those).

50mW of 532nm would be quite visible at night, more so if there is fog or dust in the air.

I plan on getting rechargeable batteries and a charger so as to not spend too much money on batteries. I don't mind investing in that. I just want something that is going to show the brightest beam at night for the most affordable price :)

I just realized that I posted two reviews of the same laser!

I guess I'm going to get that one!

I'll go ahead and get the rechargeable batteries :)

$21.66 New Keychain Green Beam Laser Pointer Pen Flashlight 30mW/50mW/100mW - BudgetGadgets.com

I plan on getting the rechargeable battery.

It also says "package" should I select anything for that? Not sure!

Thanks guys!

Also, anyone know of a good place to get a rechargeable station/batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Learn to use the Edit button

"Package" would probably be the gift box thing.

DealExtreme is where I've bought most of my lithium rechargeables. Shipping can take ages, though. http://www.dealextreme.com/DealExtreme

Well I definitely want package. The total right now is at $36 with the rechargeable battery.

Should I get it from here? Or buy the pack separately from somewhere else?

Also, does anyone know how much faster shipping costs?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is your first laser, I think 30mW is overkill. Consider a lower powered one. It may not seems as much fun, but unless you get experience (and eye protection), you may seriously hurt yourself or the people you are trying to impress

A "5mw" from DX is a great starting laser, only $10 and a little overspec (but fairly safe as long as it's not shone in someone eyes or at cars/plane).

If this is your first laser (you've never owned a laser before), than just get a 5mw, and take it from there.

If you want a visible beam at night, 50mw-100mw should be great.

10mW is perfectly visible at night. If you cannot see the beam of a up to spec 10mW, the area you are in is too bright. Either it will be hard to point out what you want to see (eg: stars), or it will be harmful to others (bright areas=populated areas=cities=people)

All of these posts have been a huge help. The one at budgetgadgets, the 50mW one is out of stock... the 100mW one is way too expensive for me. Also, DX does not ship to the US for lasers, so that's a no go for me...

Any other suggestions?

The one on lazerer is also out of stock...

All of these posts have been a huge help. The one at budgetgadgets, the 50mW one is out of stock... the 100mW one is way too expensive for me. Also, DX does not ship to the US for lasers, so that's a no go for me...

Any other suggestions?

The one on lazerer is also out of stock...

DX ships anything at or under "5mw" to the US.