Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm Bored

Rangedunits said:
i just chased a racoon with my greenies aha it was fun.

LMAO! I had some fun chasing some ducks with my 405 last weekend. Me and a friend went to Hooters after watching The Dark Knight. There was some ducks in a pond next to Hooters so I decided to see what would happen if I pointed it near them. I was quite supprised at how fast they moved.

Dr. Evil said:
[quote author=Rangedunits link=1217095128/0#15 date=1217125067]i just chased a racoon with my greenies aha it was fun.

LMAO! I had some fun chasing some ducks with my 405 last weekend. Me and a friend went to Hooters after watching The Dark Knight. There was some ducks in a pond next to Hooters so I decided to see what would happen if I pointed it near them. I was quite supprised at how fast they moved.[/quote]
I haven't tried 405nm on ducks before, but they sure love 532nm!

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwAo_KTj1dk[/media]

They must like the 532. The group I pointed the 405 at scattered like they were being shot at with a shotgun.

That gave me a good laugh watching it chase the 532nm. I never would've thought a duck would chase a laser around like a cat or dog.

Wierd, the ducks in my town are very scared of 532. If I shine it towards a group of ducks in the evening, they immediatley fly away! I also tried to make them "chase" the dot in daylight, but they seem to be frightened by it! :-?

Maybe the ducks aren't frightened of the laser, but your person scares them away. ;D