Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm a noob with a question!

Hey i have been interested in getting a green laser for a while and i just recently decided to actually do it. I looked around and grabbed the wicked lasers CORE off of ebay. My main use for it will be just like a red pointer, but green. I was wondering if this is a good pointer for that? Also how visible will the beam be at night? Thanks for any help!

sorry to say... but wicked lasers is not very trusted around here a WL CORE will probably get around 1mw of power... the beam at night will be very hard to see.
the search took is awsome when you are thinking of buying new lasers.

^While it's not quite as bad as mentioned above, Wicked lasers generally is not to be trusted. The WL core is one of the very few Wicked lasers that actually do well.

In the future, remember that LPF can help you get awesome deals on many types of laser pointers. Do some searching and lurking and I guarantee you will be able to find a MUCH better deal than anything Wicked offers.

The products generally respected from Wicked are their safety glasses, the Core, and empty bodies for hosts because they look cool. Anything else, skip it, but I don't think most here find any fault with the Core. But there are still places just as good that don't have the other shady business practices surrounding their other products.

Yeah i looked into wicked b4 hand and i knew their reputation was not very good. But i noticed most ppl agreed the core was a nice product. Does anyone here have one to verify its performance? Also, i read on a sticky that anything above 5mw would require saftey gogles is that true?

Yes and no, if you purchased a high power laser pointer, eye protection would be necessary to experiment and burn things, and optional to play around in doors period. Its easy to accidently catch a reflection off of shiny objects which could damage your eyes. If your careful and wont be staring at the light up close you should be fine. I have a 150mW from optotronics, which is VERY bright, almost too bright to use indoors without eye strain. Better safe than sorry when it comes to your eyes.

-Greg

Ok thanks G fourty. I was also lookin at a 40-50 mw pen from o-like.com would that require goggles. I would be using it only to mess with not to burn stuff if that makes a difference.

jeffd

If you are just going to be pointing it outside at far away objects you will be fine with no glasses.

93shad

i just ordered an OPTOTRONICS premium 150mW pen... tighter beam means more radiance so i will wear glasses, maybe lol.