Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

I ordered 2 arctics in july about two weeks apart I received 62328 but still waiting on first order 616xx. first received arctic was 5 months to the day. I have been told 616xx was shipped out 3 times,

Finally got mine, after many emails to Jim. Was #619xx ordered July 22. Was sent to a forwarding address in Cal, then resent to me in Idaho. Glad to get it, but it was a horrible ordeal. Guess they are coming out with a 1 watt greenie, but I don't know if I would do this again. People on the West Coast, are getting their lasers pulled at SF Customs, so from now on, it will be iffy from WL. May post more later, waiting for it to warm up to room temp, came in from 14 degrees, later.

I emailed wicked lasers over and over, tried calling them, tried their live chat thing, and then, eventually called the credit card company and charge backed the order. All because they guaranteed that the laser would arrive by before Dec 25, which it didn't. Wasn't expecting to hear from them ever again, but then, I get the laser from them two days ago, right after I buy one from ebay. Whoops.
I really wouldn't have minded waiting a bit extra for the laser, but only if I had knew that it was still coming. Wicked Lasers really has got to hire more people to answer emails, or not let people buy stuff that is sold out.

MojoLA

Eliteboy, sorry you had trouble - what happened when you called the 24 hour hotline? Every time I called, even at crazy hours, someone always answered and had access to all the records of every order and its status. Now they sometimes told me conflicting things (like one person told me it was due to arrive on nov 25, and another told me it was due to SHIP on nov 25) but at least you could always get someone on the phone.

The bottom line is you just have to be patient. If you read all the hate mail and complaints, you still see that everyone eventually gets their laser, and all the people who thought they were "lucky" to get an early refund would have had it by now if they just had a little (ok maybe a lot) of patience.

I think I might be the record holder - it took SEVEN MONTHS for me to get mine - ordered it July 7 (when it was still only $200) and finally got it last week!

Wicked Lasers isn't out to scam anyone or steal your money - they just weren't prepared for all the publicity the Arctic got and they will be the first to admit they were overwhelmed by the number of orders they got. They probably could have handled it better but the most important thing is they ultimately do want their customers to be happy.

Everyone who waited got their laser, and everyone who wanted a refund got it. They promised to fix or replace any broken lasers and have lived up to that. When I asked them about the rumors that Los Angeles was having customs trouble they told me flat out that if I got a notice that my order was confiscated by customs to let them know immediately and they would ship another.

You really cant ask for much more. I love mine and here is my review:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/wicked-lasers-spyder-iii-arctic-my-review-60446.html

Also, I wouldn't pay much attention to the customs rumor. Like I said, I'm in LA and got mine no problem, and haven't actually heard any stories about people having their laser confiscated.

If you can be patient and not check up on the status of your order every day, then you'll be happy. But if you're going to be counting the days and calling and emailing them 24/7 then don't order it because you'll just get pissed off at the wait and sometimes conflicting answers.

Anyway, this thing is worth the wait (and from what I hear the average wait is now 2 months, much better than it was!). It's the one and only rock star in the world of lasers and if you want to impress your friends and make them jealous (the only real practical use of these powerful handheld lasers) then the Arctic is your best bet!

Last edited:
Anyway, this thing is worth the wait (and from what I hear the average wait is now 2 months, much better than it was!). It's the one and only rock star in the world of lasers and if you want to impress your friends and make them jealous (the only real practical use of these powerful handheld lasers) then the Arctic is your best bet!

I, and most other people on this forum will disagree with this last statement of yours. You can build two much better, and higher power, and 'cooler looking' if you care about that, lasers for the price of the arctic.. and have them both to play with much much sooner, and maybe even learn something in the process.

ZapU

I, and most other people on this forum will disagree with this last statement of yours. You can build two much better, and higher power, and 'cooler looking' if you care about that, lasers for the price of the arctic.. and have them both to play with much much sooner, and maybe even learn something in the process.

While I agree you can hand build a better spec laser, you assume everyone is willing or able to do that. And yes, I know you can buy them from forum members, but they don't have some of the features available only on the Arctic. (Specialty lenses, safety switch, unique host)

MojoLa may be a little exuberant but I'm not sure the phrase "most other people on this forum" really is accurate. I just did a quick and dirty search for Arctic owners that seem to be happy with theirs. A partial list is below (82 lasers).

Myself G1 & G2
Daneflex
Masslaserguy G2
MojoLA G2
FutureOne 2X G2
Tonga
Lazeerer G2
Hemlock Mike
sohail99
Markus Unread G1
The laser Noob
TAT MAN 2X G1
Flomotion
Elitenoobboy
Ash G2
LazyBeam G1
ppctx
Stephen426 G2
spyrorocks
KrazyLoonatic G2
cyborg G2
jbtm G1
sportcoupe G1
electron G1& G2
drumzOrz G1
boscoj G1
W4NX G1
brando132
Fuloydo G1
watchmeplay63 G2
CDHDC G2
WRM G2
flameboy G2
ICU G2
aryntha

New adds:
Prototype G2 (review unit)
The_LED_Museum G2 (review unit)
Things G2 (review unit)
Eudaimonium 2X G2 (review units)
goninanbl00d G2 (review unit)
haveblue G1
bbshamsa
TheTelsaWarrior
udanis (was OK but sold it)
plexus 2X G1
cracked G2
Kenom (from Daguin)
DEMONEX
LORDJET G1
JonWienke G1?
jaylang11 G2
siamiam G2
Jaxz G2
Akaalis G2
twhite828

Speaker Rob G2
FreeBee G2
Garoq G2?
chewy G2 (for sale)
sampson
FrankenPC
phoenix77
y7deluxe
JohnD G2
Ohada G2
MattRed G2
doomsday G1

Some from Arctic’s first month:
TheG8Revealing G1
Woodofcville G1
TTerbo G1
soju G1
swimminsurfer256 G1
SpyderFire G1
shea241 G1
mrinternet G1
brtaman G1

Last edited:

Trevor

Myself G1 & G2
Daneflex
Masslaserguy G2
MojoLA G2
FutureOne 2X G2
Tonga
Lazeerer G2
Hemlock Mike
sohail99
Markus Unread G1
The laser Noob
TAT MAN 2X G1
Flomotion
Elitenoobboy
Ash G2
LazyBeam G1
ppctx
Stephen426 G2
spyrorocks
KrazyLoonatic G2
cyborg G2
jbtm G1
sportcoupe G1
electron G1& G2
drumzOrz G1
boscoj G1
W4NX G1
brando132
Fuloydo G1
watchmeplay63 G2
CDHDC G2
WRM G2
flameboy G2
ICU G2
aryntha

Okay, now for the sake of the integrity of the list - make two sub-lists. One list should include those on that list who joined before last summer, and the other should include those who own a laser other than their Arctic.

-Trevor

I got mine in just under two months. I would be pretty irritated if it went above 3 months. I understand that Wicked has had growing pains, but I would have put a real production queue in place and had the lead time on the orders page. I like my Arctic - a lot, but Wicked, as a company, needs to get its act together.

Okay, now for the sake of the integrity of the list - make two sub-lists. One list should include those on that list who joined before last summer, and the other should include those who own a laser other than their Arctic.

-Trevor

You should be able to do that pretty easily, since most people have their lasers listed in their sig field.

Trevor

You should be able to do that pretty easily, since most people have their lasers listed in their sig field.

At first glance, I spot six or seven names that I know joined before last summer. Most of the others either own only an Arctic or an Arctic and some other cheap China lasers (O-like, Rayfoss).

If he wants to give a strong argument for people that like them, members who were experienced with lasers before acquiring an Arctic should be cited - not everyone.

-Trevor

At first glance, I spot six or seven names that I know joined before last summer. Most of the others either own only an Arctic or an Arctic and some other cheap China lasers (O-like, Rayfoss).

If he wants to give a strong argument for people that like them, members who were experienced with lasers before acquiring an Arctic should be cited - not everyone.

-Trevor

Why not just discount anyone who doesn't own multiple gas lasers -- after all, anyone else must be a n00b and doesn't "really" know what they should like!

It's a laser pointer forum after all.
Nobody here's gonna drop the bucks to buy a Coherent V18.
If you discount anyone on LPF that just has cheap LP's, that proves what, exactly?

Actually, at this point, isn't the whole Arctic love/hate fest just a wee bit "old news"?
I'm still subscribed to this thread out of my curiosity about Arctic wait-times.
If you think it's worth posting to this thread about why people shouldn't like something that they do, in fact, like, then go for it!
At some point it starts sounding trollish.

Last edited:

ZapU

-Trevor

The phrase I responded to with the list was "most other people on this forum".
It didn't say "those who were experienced with lasers".

I just wanted to point out there is a significant number of satisfied Arctic owners "on this forum".

Last edited:

Trevor

The phrase I responded to with the list was "most other people on this forum".
It didn't say "those who were experienced with lasers".

I just wanted to point out there is a significant number of satisfied Arctic owners "on this forum".

First, I used "like them" as a substitute for "satisfied with them." That's my bad.

Second, my point was that "satisfaction" usually has a lot to do with prior experience. Giving an Arctic (or any other high-power laser for that matter) to a non-laserist would be like giving a Ford Pinto to a 19th Century Englishman. He hadn't ever seen a car before, so he'd have no idea about anything in the market, and would fall in love with the Pinto. He'd be a pretty terrible source to get an unbiased analysis of the Pinto from.

That the list could be made way better by taking off the 19th Century Englishmen and leaving only people with prior experience. Someone who wants to find rock-solid, unbiased analyses using your list would, no matter what name they drew from the hat, would be able to jump straight to a review by an experienced (satisfied or not) individual like aryntha, spyrorocks, or Hemlock_Mine - who, if I remember right, all wrote really detailed, objective (and also if my memory serves, positive) reviews.

I pointed out how your list doesn't look entirely credible. I pointed out a way to fix it. I believe we mutually missed the point here; you wanted to post "satisfied owners" while I thought you wanted to post "good sources of reliable, unbiased information."

Last, I would like to mention that I do own an Arctic. I'll be posting my (fairly positive) review of it soon. I'm just sick of the mindless WL lovers and the mindless WL haters. I'm sick of the Cold War.

-Trevor

Last edited: