Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

M4Real

Three questions:

How long should I charge the battery before using it?

Does the green light on the battery charger change when it's fully charged? It's solid green.

Which end on the battery goes in first? The manual is contradictory. It says to put the battery in negative end first, but, the picture shows the negative symbol at the back of the battery which would indicate the positive end went in first.

2010/07/28 00:04 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2010/07/27 18:22 International item mailed in origin country

My arctic seems to have gotten lost somewhere between china and canada :mad:

@M4Real: Answers based on the assumption that the 18650 charger is the same as i've got (it looked that way in vids i've seen); You need to charge it until it's green, it should turn red when you put the battery on it (only if it needs charged) and the + end needs to face your charger's LED. You may have gotten a fully/near fully charged battery, you would probably be safe slipping it in the laser to give it a try. ;)

Heleno

2010/07/28 00:04 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2010/07/27 18:22 International item mailed in origin country

My arctic seems to have gotten lost somewhere between china and canada :mad:

have you already tried the different canadian carriers?
it often happens that when it leaves the origin country, the data will only be feeded in the destination country - i think it depends on the country - don't know... but that's a possibility! check it out!
regards

M4Real

@M4Real: Answers based on the assumption that the 18650 charger is the same as i've got (it looked that way in vids i've seen); You need to charge it until it's green, it should turn red when you put the battery on it (only if it needs charged) and the + end needs to face your charger's LED. You may have gotten a fully/near fully charged battery, you would probably be safe slipping it in the laser to give it a try. ;)

The light on my charger turns solid green as soon as I plug it in even with no battery in it. I don't get it.

I have a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer by searching and its really bugging me: What is the small dial/button on the back of the Arctic host for? I thought the G1 turns on using a push button on the end of the host (like most pointers), so is the dial some sort of lock?

Also, If someone knows where to find pics of the manual that would be awesome.

Thanks for helping a newb.

Mickey

Attempted delivery of mine this morning... sucks that I was in the shower when the EMS guy knocked on my door... now I gotta wait til Monday.

I have a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer by searching and its really bugging me: What is the small dial/button on the back of the Arctic host for? I thought the G1 turns on using a push button on the end of the host (like most pointers), so is the dial some sort of lock?

It's an interlock safety pin.

YOUR JOKING ME RIGHT??????????
You mean to tell me you didn't even bother reading the safety manual FIRST??
I advise you do that,then wait a month before you use your laser.

YOUR JOKING ME RIGHT??????????
You mean to tell me you didn't even bother reading the safety manual FIRST??
I advise you do that,then wait a month before you use your laser.
I don't think he even has or even ordered the arctic. He's just asking around - nothing wrong with that.

You need to control your temper a bit. Two red bars under your name are too much already.

I don't think he even has or even ordered the arctic. He's just asking around - nothing wrong with that.

You need to control your temper a bit. Two red bars under your name are too much already.

no those 2 bars are from 3 people with less than 7 posts trying to tell me the arctic has been measured with a lpm.

They wouldn't understand when I tried to tell them.....

no those 2 bars are from 3 people with less than 7 posts trying to tell me the arctic has been measured with a lpm.

They wouldn't understand when I tried to tell them.....

FYI one of those is from me, I've got a few more than 7 posts last i checked :crackup:... It was for placing shipping info up, like you were specifically asked not to by Wicked and myself. :)

-Now please, don't let this go any further so we can at least keep this thread open.

ohh I see. :)

on topic: I see no way customs can seize our lasers....my packaging didn't have any Chinese written on it,the word wicked lasers OR My address. lol I still cant find out how they knew where to ship it lol!!

My arctic also came in today.

Im measuring 855mw and 935mw without the regular aperture cap. One thing i noticed is that it did not have the mw output drop that we have with our DIY, it held those output powers pretty steady.

You're getting that with the training lens? Does it just have a smaller aperture and no filtering on it?