Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idiot co-worker brags about his laser misbehavior.

I noticed a co-worker had a cheapie DPSS green laser. We work in a factory and the air is a bit hazy so even with the bright lighting the beam was clearly visible. I thought, "cool! he has a laser!" and asked him about it. The conversation that followed made me want to take it straight off him but of course that would be "workplace violence" and would have gotten me fired.

He proceeds to describe how he uses it to "mess with cops" on the highway, and sometimes goes up on a hill some miles away from a state prison and aims it at the prison. What the F*** just no. No. Please, don't ever do this. This is the kind of thing that gets people hurt, and causes us nothing but grief. People like this should never be allowed to handle a laser, ever.

I just had to post about it because I'm still pissed off. The guy is even older than I am, has kids, and so on. What in the bleeding hell, man.

gazer101

Lol just tell him about the $250K fine if he accidentally blinds someone and that ought to scare him straight

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I would tell your boss about it. If he's not afraid to do it to the police then why not his own coworkers. I think we gotta hit em hard every time by reporting them. It's an act of violence

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I would consider reporting it to an anonymous tip/crime stoppers line. If he has been pointing it at cops or a prison, then they probably have some record of it happening and might be happy to get a tip about who the moron is doing it.

Exactly the kind of idiot that'll get this hobby ruined if he keeps that up.

gazer101

Hmm, how do you get someone to stop doing something you don't like without totally ruining their life?

How about (assuming you know his full identity) you find his address and send him a spoofed police warning/cease and desist, that way his life isn't ruined and he gets to stop doing what he's doing

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It's more than doing something you don't like. If he gets in trouble then he deserves it. Imagine if he had blinded someone. THAT persons life is ruined. Maybe a few months in jail might make him reconsider stupid choices in life.

gazer101

If he really did blind someone, then yes. But how would you know? Either way... innocent until proven guilty

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm not saying to accuse him of blinding someone I'm saying to report that he's shining a laser that is capable of doing it. I don't get why you're arguing with that. You'd do the same thing if someone was waving a loaded gun around. Come on man get real

Sowee7

if he is doing that, he really should not have a laser

Commander J. Bloodmaker

WOW, what a bag of ..... The few lasers I have sold, I was very animate about breaking it right in front of them if I even hear about misuse. Made them all buy od 6 goggles before I would even think about selling them a high powered kit. Everyone has behaved. Even my buddies 7 and 8 year old grand kids behave with their 1mw lasers they play with in the fog machine. They know not to shine it at faces, shiny things, or even each other. Amazing how children get the concept.

Sowee7

WOW, what a bag of ..... The few lasers I have sold, I was very animate about breaking it right in front of them if I even hear about misuse. Made them all buy od 6 goggles before I would even think about selling them a high powered kit. Everyone has behaved. Even my buddies 7 and 8 year old grand kids behave with their 1mw lasers they play with in the fog machine. They know not to shine it at faces, shiny things, or even each other. Amazing how children get the concept
thats good that the kids are behaving with thier lasers, i thought my 8 year old brother about laser safety and he really understands it. I also told him how to not damage lasers, I've given him a few of my lowered power dpss lasers and he knows how to use it properly. Its amazing how fast kids learn.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

You always have to remember,
Idiots do exists in this world
or is it chirps of intelligence that randomly spring up in a world of idiots? idiocracy is upon us gents and ladies. the question is, will you be spotted and called out for being intelligent?