Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

identify a doublet lens?

can someone identify this doublet lens with all four corners raised to one side?

Attachments

• doublet lens.jpg
    doublet lens.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 40

Rivem

Identifying a lens is a lot harder than that. Maybe with more context and/or model numbers somebody could tell.

All I can see is that it's a pretty typical doublet lens that's been ground into a rectangular shape which causes the four corners you mention. Other than that, I don't know.

What Rivem said. Looking at Edmund Optics I see two lens substrates that match color wise the lens you have. One is germanium and the other is silicon.

What Rivem said. Looking at Edmund Optics I see two lens substrates that match color wise the lens you have. One is germanium and the other is silicon.

My guess is that the edge is black painted.

Germanium and silicon - due to a high refractive index, IR lenses are simpler, and mostly singlets. Though, who knows what is that without seeing through. :can:

OP could tell if a lens transmits light. What is a focal length. Can even try to measure radii.

Last edited:

Rivem

My guess is that the edge is black painted.

Germanium and silicon - due to a high refractive index, IR lenses are simpler, and mostly singlets. Though, who knows what is that without seeing through. :can:

OP could tell if a lens transmits light. What is a focal length. Can even try to measure radii.

OP was a troll and banned accordingly, so no need.