Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I would love a laser

I'm new and i would like a laser
so lmk what you have
i have some things to trade
i can ship first if you have feedback.
thanks.

i have ray ban aviator sunglasses
some paintball stuff
guitar pedals
remote control car stuff
is there anything you guys are interested in (besides lasers.)
these smileys are awesome
:gun::thanks::fightin:
:horse:
this is kind of odd though

It's called "beating a dead horse" meaning going over the same thing, over & over & over, etc...........rob

Hey I wonder what the aviator glasses block out , wave length wise, cause this kid is gonna shoot himself in the eye someday.
Hey kid, start out with a pointer in the 5mW range. You can get one on ebay or go to radioshack.
I want a laser ...phsssss.....Brake open the piggy !

Hey I wonder what the aviator glasses block out , wave length wise, cause this kid is gonna shoot himself in the eye someday.
Hey kid, start out with a pointer in the 5mW range. You can get one on ebay or go to radioshack.
I want a laser ...phsssss.....Brake open the piggy !

How do you know this? Can you predict the future? You cant just assume he is reckless because he wants to buy a laser.

I have some 5mW greens which I would trade you one for something. These greens are around $30+ at radioshack. You can shine them on things miles away and will still see the dot. Also, you can shine it at the sky at night and will see a dim beam - you can point at individual stars.

Also, anything over 5mW is illegal in the US to buy sell or manufacture unless it passes a set of security features set forth by the FDA. Additionally, anything over 5mW can be quite dangerous better yet EXTREMELY dangerous if ever shone in the eye. These are not like the cheap red lasers you see at a dollar store (which are around 2mW I'd say) - lasers over 5mW can do permanent eye damage if shone even for just a second or less... can even cause blindness if the power is high enough. You must understand though, that even most "5mW" pointers are actually above 5mW because it doesn't block all IR light. Thus, if you even acquire a 5mW laser, be very careful not to shine it anywhere near someone's eyes, nor near mirrors which can reflect and bounce back into someone's eye.

How do you know this? Can you predict the future? You cant just assume he is reckless because he wants to buy a laser.

I think they just assume he's reckless based off the way he spoke/worded himself. I mean, everyone's like that until they learn.

I dont think that I was that harsh. We have had too many reckless individuals with lasers in this world giving our society of hobbyist a bad name. He seemed a bit too inpatient.
Also , I believe it is good fo younger people to be responsable and wait until they can monitarily afford thier first laser.

wolfram

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

@tylerlong: for what the shipping will cost you, get one at dealextreme.com (10$)

Also, anything over 5mW is illegal in the US to buy sell or manufacture unless it passes a set of security features set forth by the FDA.

I wouldnt sweat any of this. You can order ANYTHING you want from Chinese companies. Except DX will not ship anything over 5mW to the US. Worst case is customs will take it, but its highly unlikely. You wont be fined or arrested.

Get one of these, and keep your stuff. Totaly legal in the US.

DealExtreme: $10.50 True Green Laser Pen 5mW

and free shipping.

Or if you want it a bit faster (china can take several weeks, it varies a lot), then you can probably get one on ebay for around the same price, maybe a dollar or two more, from a US seller

Asherz

Just go with the true 100mW green on DX, as long as you are responsible and careful it's fine :) But when you can, invest in some safety goggles.

Can I ask what RC stuff you have, and what paintball stuff you have as well. Cheers :)