Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I wonder what will arrive! [Dino Direct support]

:bumpit:
So I am bumping this thread to bring it forward for further consideration.

My unit arrived 2 days ago.
It was not shipped as ordered. My specific instructions to have it clearly marked "ATTENTION : SHIPPING/RECEIVING DEPARTMENT" was not included on the package.
As a result it was delivered to the front Sales floor where they signed for it, opened it and tried to figure out just what it was and how it worked. Lucky for me they thought after a while that it may be for me or I might at least know what it is. There doesn't appear to be any damage.
It was not sent by my chosen carrier. If they had used the right one the area delivery driver knows me and would have delivered to the receiving department anyhow as it wasn't "mail" and all deliveries are made to receiving. This was a consideration when choosing the method of delivery.
The unit isn't as specified. As others here have stated, DD doesn't have the slightest clue about the things they are re-selling. As expected there is NO ILDA port despite the clearly indicated listing of one for the item. The item on their website still has it listed. The invoice with the product also has it listed. As far as the rules of commerce go I believe the seller is still responsible to provide the goods that they sold to me. They took payment which constitutes an agreement or contract to provide a product. They have full record of what the item they offered is, even supplying me with a hardcopy of it. They haven't sent me the product I paid for so they are still obligated to either send me what I ordered, as it was ordered, OR refund me the purchase price.
(If they are nice about it I might even make it easier on them and have the item sent to a China supplier of product for the business that I work for and have the item freight forwarded by them to me here. Not a likely occurrence, but possible.)
I am preparing a proper revue (my first) for another posting so I will fill in the details after I can get some beamshots/video and set up the account(s) for posting online. (No-I don't have a Youtube account yet.)

I am really interested to know what has progressed for the OP of this thread concerning his issues and if he has any tips for me to use for my dealings before I start them. (Or maybe things he has tried that didn't work !)
:thinking: