Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I wonder what will arrive! [Dino Direct support]

During Dino Direct "Get $100 cash back" deal I grabbed myself a coupon. Eventually deciding to purchase towards 1x ReKe-91B.

From specifications you can read:

Control Mode: Sound Active, Auto, DMX512, ILDA PC

And from the pictures (from DD website) you can see:

laser-projector-single-blue-stage-200mw-445nm-1570994-origin.jpeg laser-projector-single-blue-stage-200mw-445nm-1570996-origin.jpeg

Now. My received item looked like:

IMG_0421.jpg

:confused: I went a bit :wtf: :confused:

So. Talking to their live chat I got a promise that they would check this out with their product department. Time passed. And eventually I opened a ticket on their web site.

Now I am not sure what will arrive, but this is the transcript:

===================================

Replacement Requirement ( Case Number: 10XXXXXXXXX Date: 08/29/2011 )

Mikael
I have talked with your Live Chat several times. Order NXXXXXXX-DD includes 1x 200mW 445nm Star Party Auto Sound DMX512 ILDA PC Single Blue Stage Laser Projector Reke-91B.

The item picture on your web site clearly shows an ILDA port. My unit does not have an ILDA port.

This is why I purchased this unit, and now it is less useful to me. I have waited for weeks for your product department to look up some information about this. But yet I have heard nothing! Please resolve this now.

Customer Service Customer Service,Aug 29,2011
Thank you for contacting us. We had informed the related department to have a check ASAP.

Please don’t worry, we will try every effort to offer you a satisfied solution.

Mikael Aug 29,2011
Yes you have said this, yet nothing happens. Give me a date on when you will have the reply.

Customer Service Customer Service,Aug 29,2011
Thank you for contacting us. We will give you a reply soon. Please wait patiently. Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Mikael Sep 06,2011
Hello. Please define "soon". Another week have passed.

Customer Service Otta,Sep 06,2011
Thanks for contacting , we do apologize for the delay , we have checked your problem just now , and it shows that ,the related department is dealing with it , we will contact you as soon as posible when we get the answer , then we will offer you a best solution , your patience will be highly appreciated

please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions , have a nice day .

Mikael Sep 06,2011
Hello. Yes, I do have a question. I initially contacted you about this issue over two weeks ago.

What information are you looking for at the "related department"? I have sent you a photo showing a clear difference between product delivered and product on your web site. What more do you need?

Thanks for contacting , after checkout , we resend a new ILDA port to you freely , we do apologize for keepping you wait a long time , as a compesation , we will offer you a $10 giftcard , we will send the number and password to your email box , with which you can purchase items from our website

please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions , and if you are satisfied with our reply ,please close this case , many thanks .

Mikael Sep 06,2011
Hello. How can you send out an ILDA port to mount inside a laser projector? Will it come with mounting instructions? How do I do with the hole in the chassis? There is none. Do you know what an ILDA port is? :) What product will you actually send me?

Thanks for contacting us, we will solve you problem as soon as possible. We sincerely for the delay. Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Mikael Sep 06,2011
I am confused...

By checking, we will send you a ILDA connector. We will email you after the shipment. Your patience will highly appreciated. Please feel free to contact us should you have any question.

Mikael Sep 06,2011
Yes. I still have a question: What product will you mail? You know that the port needs to be connected inside the projector, right? How will I make a hole in the chassis to mount it? The projector I have is not prepared to install an ILDA port. I need you to specify exactly what you will ship to me :) Because I am suspecting that it will not work.

Mikael Sep 06,2011
Unless you mail a whole new chassis with an ILDA port...

Customer Service Otta,Sep 07,2011
Thanks for your mail, we will talk this to our related department. We will send you a whole new chassis with an ILDA port if there is a need. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.

Mikael Sep 07,2011
Thank you! Appreciate it and looking forward to it.

===================================

Now I am a bit curious of what they will send me :D

What do you think? a DB25 connector in an electronic zip bag? :thinking:

Sorry about the dishes in the projector pic ;)

Last edited:

Holly crap... they must be employing the same age group
as WL recently...

Keep an eye on the PayPal 45 day Dispute window while
you wait...

Hope you get what you paid for..

Jerry

Holly crap... they must be employing the same age group as WL recently...

WHAT? You actually get REPLIES from WL on your support cases? :D What's the trick?

lasersbee said:
Keep an eye on the PayPal 45 day Dispute window while
you wait... Hope you get what you paid for..

Don't think I have a buyer's protection when purchasing of 3rd party sites outside for instance eBay.

I tried it before (against another company), they concluded that something had been shipped out. And concluded that their role as a money transfer company was completed.

And Thanks for the support :) Appreciated!

Last edited:
If you have a problem with DD, I've found that using their live chat often works well.

Didn't you basically get it for free anyway? I don't think PP disputes cover internal company promos.. You might be able to get the 20-30 bucks back... they probably won't cover shipping and you will likely have to send the projector back....

It's hilarious that they are going to send you and ILDA port :p That is _REALLY_ funny.

Maybe you'll get a second projector for free and you can sell the first one and make more money off them... hehe

As far as WL yeah they hired a 13 year old to do customer support for them ;P

Good luck to you, god only knows what you will get in the mail

ARG

Thanks for the warning, I was considering buying one of the cheap single color projectors when a good sale came up....

Thanks for the warning, I was considering buying one of the cheap single color projectors when a good sale came up....

I almost bought that exact same projector because I already had a R/G (Y) projector... I am glad I went with the RGB one now though :)

Me and the others that got the RGB unit all had smooth transactions with Dino, they seem to be a little shady as everyone asked and paid for DHL but everyone except myself had their units sent EMS.

If you have a problem with DD, I've found that using their live chat often works well.

Actually yeah. I've done that a few times, and always get plenty compensated. Surely in gift cards. Think I have about $95 in GC now and about $50 dino points. Guess they'll come to use one rainy day!

The livechat only works for iDinor members though. Which is kinda bad.

For this particular instance I started with live chat 2 times which only insisted that they would "check it out" and then mail me a "solution".

Atleast they intend well!

Guyfromhe said:
Didn't you basically get it for free anyway? I don't think PP disputes cover internal company promos.. You might be able to get the 20-30 bucks back... they probably won't cover shipping and you will likely have to send the projector back....

It's hilarious that they are going to send you and ILDA port :p That is _REALLY_ funny.

That's what I thought too! Posted it because I thought it'd crack some of you up :D

As for your price question; It was a good deal. "It's complicated" summarizes the turns it took.

ARGLaser said:
Thanks for the warning

YW :) I just think they were out of luck on this. Perhaps REKE pulled the ILDA port on the model and DD did simply not update their catalog.

One other funny thing is that my projector has a quite capable galvo. It draws all those "Welcome" / "Good bye" graphics. And seems to be same rate scanner as those REKE-500 RGB lasers. But it only have DMX input!

Guess I could burn some pre programmed ILDA animations directly on to the PIC? ;)

Wow... I had a good laugh going through that exchange. Had similar experiences with gadgettown... trying to explain mW and wavelength to them... well it's a lost cause.

Good luck, hope you get something good.

Guess I could burn some pre programmed ILDA animations directly on to the PIC? ;)

I have the datasheet to the processor they used on my review it isn't a PIC though.. I am sure everything is identical other than the missing 2 lasers... I wonder if they even have the 3 laser driver board in there?

If I had to guess the chip is probably locked but if you can write your own software for it you could definitely per-program some animations.

Reke doesn't claim to make a 91-B... they make a 91-G and it does not have ILDA... Maybe they got an end of run or something where they changed the product on them or they mixed up the data on that page... (You will notice that the 91B doesn't show up on all the front pictures)

The galvos should be able to draw the welcome and stuff animations but flickery that's normal and the same as the RGB one.

Anyway hope things work out.

I have the datasheet to the processor they used on my review it isn't a PIC though.. I am sure everything is identical other than the missing 2 lasers... I wonder if they even have the 3 laser driver board in there?

Cool. I'll check it out. And after the DD stuff been resolved post some internal pics :)

If I had to guess the chip is probably locked but if you can write your own software for it you could definitely per-program some animations.

How do you mean Locked? Read only?

Reke doesn't claim to make a 91-B... they make a 91-G and it does not have ILDA... Maybe they got an end of run or something where they changed the product on them or they mixed up the data on that page...

They don't have the Reke-04 RGBY on homepage either, another product that DD has.

The galvos should be able to draw the welcome and stuff animations but flickery that's normal and the same as the RGB one.

Anyway hope things work out.

Yep. It is flickery alright! :D

Thanks!

Cool. I'll check it out. And after the DD stuff been resolved post some internal pics :)

Betcha dollars to doughnuts it's the same as mine minus 2 lasers and some optics...

How do you mean Locked? Read only?

No I mean nothing only... As in you can't read or write the chip (so you can't steal or modify their firmware)... If you are lucky you can completely format it back to it's virgin chippy state with no programming whatsoever if you are not lucky you will have to toss it and buy a new one depending if it has a hardware fuse for a lock bit. Then again I have seen people selling projectors and offering to load customer graphics on though they probably wrote their own firmware......

They don't have the Reke-04 RGBY on homepage either, another product that DD has.

Probably discontinued and they just have a bunch of stock in their warehouses which is why they are selling so cheap.

Yep. It is flickery alright! :D

It's supposed to be like that, their not exactly the F1 car of galvos :p I gotta get me some Spacelas 30k's!

Keep us updated on the situation we're all on the edge of our seats.

EDIT: Wait a second... what the heck is an RGBY?
EDIT2: My god it's a monstrosity!

Last edited:
No I mean nothing only... As in you can't read or write the chip (so you can't steal or modify their firmware)...

I wonder how the projector itself initializes the read of firmware. May be a beginners hacking project in my league finding out :p

EDIT: Wait a second... what the heck is an RGBY?
EDIT2: My god it's a monstrosity!

I guess you found it [link].

I actually got one of those on my door step aswell.. The mirror had fallen off for the Yellow mixing. So need to get a new one.

All in all it seems kinda cool though. Those are not graphics galvos, but only capable for simple "vibration" rendering. Those vibrating mirrors makes a lot more noise than the Reke-91B galvos.

We have a fanclub :D レーザーポインター

(Google translate)

Name: Managers

2011/07/04 (Mon) 00:09:52

I created a new board.
Title "laser pointer forums japan"

Here is a bulletin board, bulletin board to post pictures are mainly.
You can put images within 1MB.

Alternate sites will be purchased abroad. (500 yen to 600 yen commission acting)

602: Managing People:

2011/09/07 (Wed) 08:32:51
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/i-wonder-what-will-arrive-dino-direct-support-66889.html

LPF member of trouble at www Dinodirect

Patterns were different products and product orders apparently came to indeed.

Interaction has been published by email.
603: Tama:

2011/09/07 (Wed) 12:22:43
It is often the problem is Dino
There are too many little mistakes
Such a mistake to give the customers have just what
If it occurs in the same way
I have yet salvation

They seem to quote and comment a lot of our reviews and a lot of sites selling lasers :D Japan laser enthusiasts.

I wonder how the projector itself initializes the read of firmware. May be a beginners hacking project in my league finding out :p

I guess you found it [link].

I actually got one of those on my door step aswell.. The mirror had fallen off for the Yellow mixing. So need to get a new one.

All in all it seems kinda cool though. Those are not graphics galvos, but only capable for simple "vibration" rendering. Those vibrating mirrors makes a lot more noise than the Reke-91B galvos.

The projector does not red the firmware, the microprocessor executes the firmware...just like you can run windows but you can't edit the source... Microprocessors have special pins for reading and writing to nvram when you lock it those pins become inactive. You could watch the output the progrm makes with a logic analyzer on each pin but you wouldn't see the code that made that output.

We have a fanclub :D レーザーポインター

(Google translate)

They seem to quote and comment a lot of our reviews and a lot of sites selling lasers :D Japan laser enthusiasts.

Neat :p