Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want an ArIon laser!!!

Oh, you're under the delusion that graphite is indestructible? You may be thinking of diamond, yet another allotrope.

vk2fro

hehehe fella's thanks for the suggestions. I think the cinderblock will do the trick :)

19 days till I get my argon :)

(which is way to looooong to wait. I want my argon NOW!)

Last edited:

vk2fro

7 days to go. ARRGH the suspense is killing me. only a week to go till I get my big noisy ineffecient box of blue god like laser light!

(yes I am picking on the laser as its inefficient, but has the most beautiful blue colour, worthy of wasting 1.5 kw of electricty on to play with)!

Hey I found a little motor out of a supermarket handheld scanner. It has four wires (so its obiously a stepper), Symbol Technologies I recall ordering this when some guy here was making a basic scanner using them. Now how could I wire this to make a sound activated liquid sky?

(and no preferably not hooked directly to the amplifier!)

Last edited:

vk2fro

Wondering - can I light visco fuse of a 50-100mw argon beam?

The firework is a salute, about the size of a fat handled screwdriver, with a green fuze, which i recognise as visco (from my pyro days).

It has a ten second fuse (for obvious reasons, its got the power of half a stick of TNT in it!), and will be launched from a slingshot once lit.

NYE finale of course!

Before you ask, yes I have done this many time with these devices, they make an earshattering bang at the apogee, i wouldn't want to be standing near one when it goes off.

I was actually, but smart enough to firmly place my fingers in my ears. The log out bush was blown clean in half. We've destroyed toilet rolls, paint tins (hiding behind trees to avoid shrapnel), and other items with them!

if not, the old fashioned zippo will have to do :)

The procedure was, person a would hold the slingshot back, firework loaded, and call the lighter up to ignite the fuse. Once the fuse was an inch long the lighter would call "FIRE" and the person on the shot would release the firework. Should it drop out, or hit something and come straight back down, the one inch of fuse would give us 5 seconds to get out of its way :)

Cheers
Ben

Last edited: