Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I ordered a Viper 95mw

hey guys i just ordered the 95mw viper. i wanted to know if any of you guys have it and what this baby can do? this is my first dl!

A bunch of people on here have a DL - they have always given pretty high praise. I don't own one but I'm sure they will answer your questions soon enough. It should burn matches, pop baloons etc. without much difficulty.

K

kingzilla

thuglife said:
hey guys i just ordered the 95mw viper. i wanted to know if any of you guys have it and what this baby can do? this is my first dl!

I used to have the Viper 95, a great choice for a laser. :) It will eaily burn matches, cut tape, burn through dark paper, and melt nice little holes in plastic! ;D Did you get goggles? Honestly I never had them, but I reccommend that you get them, when you shine the 95mw on alight colored surface, the dot is really, really bright, I have never seen anything like it. It is really cool at night, the beam is comletly visible, almost like a neverending lightsaber! :eek:
Hope you enjoy you new laser! ;)

Moderator said:
[quote author=thuglife link=1175952728/0#0 date=1175952728]hey guys i just ordered the 95mw viper. i wanted to know if any of you guys have it and what this baby can do? this is my first dl!

I used to have the Viper 95, a great choice for a laser. :) It will eaily burn matches, cut tape, burn through dark paper, and melt nice little holes in plastic! ;D Did you get goggles? Honestly I never had them, but I reccommend that you get them, when you shine the 95mw on alight colored surface, the dot is really, really bright, I have never seen anything like it. It is really cool at night, the beam is comletly visible, almost like a neverending lightsaber! :eek:
Hope you enjoy you new laser! ;)
[/quote]

thanks, i have wickedlaser goggles, i want my laser now!!! i am so impatient! lol

I have a DL95.  They shipped it in about 2 hours and I got it 3 days later !!
You will love it.  Mine puts out about 110 mW with e2 cells. While waiting, go get yourself a bunch of red and/or black balloons.  Wood matches light easiest but keep it away from the laser about a foot or two so the smoke and crap doesn't get inside.
Don't pass it around to the "unenlightened". I treat mine like loaded guns.

Mike

S

SenKat

Yeah - don't hand your laser to anyone that doesn't respect the power, the danger, or the cost of it !

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
Yeah - don't hand your laser to anyone that doesn't respect the power, the danger, or the cost of it !

Good point, for a start I only let my most trusted friends use it. The first thing I always did was to light a match with them watching, so they see what it can do with thier own eyes. (many people take it far more seriously  than if you just tell them) With those conditions in mind, I never had a problem, all the people I let use it respected it, and played safe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my laser arrived in only four days! :)

i got my laser yesterday on the 10th and its amazing, can light matches and its only 95mw, how awesome is that!!! has anyone review this laser yet? or any other dragonlaser?