Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i need some fun ideas

i want to do more with my 100 mw than lighting matches...does anybody have any cool ideas to try. specificly involving FIRE ;D

burning fireworks (fuse) is always fun ;D but whats really cool is investing in some flashpaper (dont forget to but a black dot on it) and if you laser is high enough mws ive seen some people light up fine steel wool (burns nice.

I'm thinking multiples - switched arrays that deliver multiple beams from multiple angles to a single point. I'm going to try to make something that looks like it came from some sort of alien scientific expedition.... I've already got half a dozen circuits wired up on my protoboards that are going to be part of the fun. Probably will look at combining lasers with Luxeon LEDs for a truly dazzling show... :)

D

You could try gun powder, flash paper, fireworks.

Also I've seen people enclose matches inside like a plastic (or you could even try a glass) bottle and light it and when the match burns the oxygen is sucked up so sometime the bottle will squish or compress other times it just ends up burning the plastic before that can happen.

If you are a pyro, try taking some homeade black powder and lighting it, it lights nice and easy with a good thump. Another fun thing to do is bundle up 10 or 20 matches and light one of them with a laser so they all light. Or if you are the outdoors type, burn holes into some thin leaves and get them to ember, then put a bunch of leaves on top and start blowing into the pile. If you are lucky you can start a campfire with your laser.

styropyro said:
If you are a pyro, try taking some homeade black powder and lighting it, it lights nice and easy with a good thump. Another fun thing to do is bundle up 10 or 20 matches and light one of them with a laser so they all light. Or if you are the outdoors type, burn holes into some thin leaves and get them to ember, then put a bunch of leaves on top and start blowing into the pile. If you are lucky you can start a campfire with your laser.
charcloth lights right up even when driving the 16X diodes at just 130mA. ;) Time for me to make a magic fire stick. LOL

pop a balloon filled with a flammable gas near a candle. its fun, i have a video of it posted somewere.

Things

charleytown55il said:
pop a balloon filled with a flammable gas near a candle. its fun, i have a video of it posted somewere.
AND STAND BACK! ;D