Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need help on my 50 mw green laser

Moptsp

But aixiz told me this might work: AixiZ
And what would happen if i were to put the "red" lens on a green laser module, will it burn out? Block it? what?
:0

I could be wrong, but my guess is it would not refract it well (block a good percentage of the light). This could heat up the lens a little, depending on how much it absorbs. Don't know if it's too much trouble, but maybe you could buy a cheap greenie pen from ebay, bust it open, and take the lens?

-Moptsp

D

Deleted member 8382

if it didn't have lenses there wouldn't be dot at all. have you tried it yourself?

jaycey

I told you right at the top of this thread.

Dont panic!
It will be just fine, just connect your battery with the negative side to the spring and the positive side to the case and you will have one very large smile on your face!!

Just wait for your laser to arrive!
Then tell us you have something missing

mfo

what is the difference? why cant i use red laser for green focusing?

You're joking right? You really don't know the difference between green and red?

Nope that does not have lenses... It only comes with driver and module and diode so what should i do?

1) Take a chill pill. Your 90 "what should I do" posts are getting annoying.

2) Wait until the laser arrives.

3) Test it.

4a) If it works, keep it.

4b) If it don't send it back for a refund.

This isn't exactly rocket science here. You purchase an item. If it don't work, you return it for a refund. Also learn to read item descriptions more carefully.

Hey, don't get all upset, that is the one thing that confuses me too. I understand that substances are different clarities at different wavelengths, but if something is crystal clear, doesn't that mean that it transmits a pretty high percentage of light at wavelengths encompassed by the visible range at least?

mfo

Hey, don't get all upset, that is the one thing that confuses me too. I understand that substances are different clarities at different wavelengths, but if something is crystal clear, doesn't that mean that it transmits a pretty high percentage of light at wavelengths encompassed by the visible range at least?

They are not crystal clear, they have coatings on them.

Moptsp

No. Standard glass reflects back 5%-7% light, and the rest refracted through. As I stated above, the lens is coated to allow a higher percentage to pass through for a defined wavelength. Though this helps for one wavelength, it will make worse for a different wavelength than standard (not coated) glass. So you might have only 90% passing. Though I would imagine the energy loss in this case would be because of the lens absorbing the light rather than reflecting it, though some will still be reflected. So you have a sum of both, and at 50mw (if all 50mw is 532nm), you could lose 5mw just because of the lens!

Of course all my numbers are estimations trying to prove my point, and I am just guessing here. Haven't put a whole lot of thought in it. But at least it makes some sense lol.

I'm beginning to think jaycey knows what hes talking about. Maybe he has ordered one?

-Moptsp

I already ordered it... lol that was like 25$ why are the ones from this site 50 mw module 3$ more expensive?

Last edited:
Also, if a good percentage of the light is reflected back, it could kill your diode.

D

Deleted member 8382

stop the panic. you won't notice the difference between 45 or 50 or 55 or 60mW, you're taking care of stupid things...