Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need help on a custom made laser

I need help finding someone or some company to build me a very simple laser. I need a very small laser about the thickness of a pen, roughly 2 inches long and with a remote switch to turn on and off. Please if anyone has any information in a direction to direct me please help. thank you.

battery powered or will t use a psu? also, it would be quite easy to make one yourself, even more so if it didn't need to look pretty. just get a module with driver and diode pre installed and build/buy a remote on off switch.

What wavelength. What power, and why do you need it? Your probably going to be hard pressed to find something commercially to do what you want. If you only need a few mW, it's probably doable size wise, but the remote trigger will likely be the issue. Wired would be easier than wireless.

I do need it battery powered and remote switched via wire. Please if any suggestions or help let me know, or if you would be willing to help me in my venture let me know. I have no prior knowledge of how any of this works.

Ok you still didn't answer three of those questions. What wavelength do you need, how much power do you need, and what's it going to be used for?

I dont know what you mean by wavelength, it does not need to be powerful to burn or penetrate anything. I am using it for a gun application I want to make.

Oh. Laser sight. You do know you can already buy what your trying to build, don't you?

what I want built no one is making and its application is much different then what is out their.

He's wanting to make a laser sight. He needs a pressure pad switch.

Though what makes your application 'special' or 'different' that one of the cheap $20 laser sights couldn't be modified to fit your needs?

Last edited:
what I need is a very small laser with an on/off switch via a wire. It needs to be very small for my application. I do not need a pressure pad for the laser.

Fenzir

So instead of a momentary switch, you want a toggle (*terminology) switch? And you can't buy a mount laser because they are too large, correct?

Last edited:
Like I said.. What is your application? Being overly secretive about what your wanting to use said lasers for generally gets people zero help around here. Partially because people usually won't say because whatever it is is unsafe/dangerous, and partially because it's like walking in to a hardware store and just telling them you need a bolt... and no other information, and expecting them to be able to hand you the exact bolt you need just from that single piece of information.

Granted you did give us size requirements.. But how about mounting? If you don't want a pressure switch, does that mean you want a toggle? How far away will the switch need to be?

Need input. :p

Last edited:
Correct I need a laser if possible about the diameter of a pen or close too. I also need a toggle switch for the on and off. Any ideas?

Fenzir

This is ridiculousness
Are you making a laser so you can aim a gun more precisely?

I am making a laser that I can hide inside of a gun part that cant be seen, all the other external lasers on the market you can see, I am trying to do something new. it doesnt have to be a super accurate laser either.