Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need advise and help. I'm 15 and I would like to understand lasers better. Thanks.

Well... Could you mount a small green laser on top of one. And use it to burn stuff its cheap. And I'm guessing it would be really powerful. MY dad currently thinks lasers are dangerous and i need to convince him they are not. Any help.

They are dangerous. There is no way around it. I don't advise getting one at all TBH. Stick to a visible laser, they are far safer because you can actually see them. Seriously that's a bad idea... I can't say it enough. Do NOT get an IR laser for your first laser... Go back to your original plan of a low power 532nm is my advice.

You seem to be set on burning stuff so I suggest a 405nm laser. They have the most burn for the mW and you can get them for not too expensive. On top of that it is very easy to protect your eyes against 405nm with a pair of pretty cheap goggles like the UVEX ones.

Last edited:
:crackup: I don't mean to be a jerk, but if anyone has a yellow laser for $100 I'll take it right now too...

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if anyone has a yellow laser for $100 I'll take it right now too...

Hey, You can dream right. I was not thinking i could get a yellow laser for under 100 bucks.

They are dangerous. There is no way around it. I don't advise getting one at all TBH. Stick to a visible laser, they are far safer because you can actually see them. Seriously that's a bad idea... I can't say it enough. Do NOT get an IR laser for your first laser... Go back to your original plan of a low power 532nm is my advice.

You seem to be set on burning stuff so I suggest a 405nm laser. They have the most burn for the mW and you can get them for not too expensive. On top of that it is very easy to protect your eyes against 405nm with a pair of pretty cheap goggles like the UVEX ones.

NOOOO! you guys just keep missing the point. I'm not set on burning stuff!

It was a idea. and you missed the main question.
could you put a targeting laser on a infreatred one to make it safer. Also why are they so much dangerous. If it is becuase of the fact that you can't see it... the targeting laser would fix that. It was just a idea. I want to get the 100mw grenade from LSGN.

LZGN - Grenade 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

But thanks.

-Danny

Zeebit

Using a visible laser to aim an infrared laser won't make it any safer. You will need to build a contraption to hold both laser and be able to adjust them. You can't simply just put one top of the other. Think about the sights of guns. They need to be adjusted according to the target's distance.

It's only 10 days from Christmas so just buy someone in the US.

I agree fully with Zeebit. All around bad idea that wouldn't work quite like you think.

Anyway, the grenade would be perfect but its out of stock. I suggest you contact InfinitusEquitas as I know he was very recently looking to sell off several lasers and he is in the US. Actually, I will let him know you are looking for a good laser and maybe he can set you up.

Zeebit

Not only that it's out of stock, its only 10 days from christmas. Packages from china shipped through regular mail will probably arrive next year. You can look for other models and ship through FedEx or DHL but it will cost you. As Apex said, try contacting InfinitusEquitas. Although his for sale thread has all greens sold out, he mentioned that he may add some more.

I told infinitus about this so maybe he will have something around and post it.

Thanks a lot guys... I did notice that the grenade is out of stock. But i do want to get a laser for Christmas. Ill check out his thread and see if he has anything in stock yet. Thanks for putting up with my slightly dumb idea for a infrared laser... though if it could be made to work maybe the military would bye it :D. Any ways good day.

-Danny
Oshkosh, WI.