Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need a pin repaired

Hello, I am looking to see if somebody can repair a pin on an A-140 diode for me? How much would I be looking to spend here?

Try JLSE he does diode repairs...Guessing with the postage and repair cost however, it probably wont be worth it. :beer:

sinner

Can you post a pic of the back of diode, If only one pin is snapped off , you can just use a little solder to bridge the connection with diode's case. But be carefull it can also break your diode if you put too much heat.. ~2sec soldering is necessary!

Ok I will give the solder trick a try. I will take a picture tomorrow and upload it if this doesnt work.

Please post photos before attempting to repair it yourself. Someone will be able to tell for sure if repair is even possible.

Alright I will do that. I am at work right now and I will be home Later today.

Yeah I was going to say, it depends on the pin... and an a-140? I say just buy a new one and switch them out. They are cheap, 45 for the plain diode at dtr. Otherwise, we await your pics :pop:

Well...kinda super blurry...take the nice axiz lenses and flip it around, hold it. To tge cell phone/ipod camera, move it real close to the diode with alot of light and you'll have a nice macro lenses...for free! And repost that picture...IMO

I Hope the description I gave was enough. I do not have the diode at the house I am currently staying at. I just stopped by and took a pic. I can take another one in a day or 2 if you really need one