Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i like this site

I recently bought a dx 30 and have been very happy so far. I have already gone through about a dozen balloon (most popped within a half-second or so!). I have a few questions. what is the easiest and cheapest way to make a lens for my laser? if i did this, how much more power would this add (i know its the same power, but more focused)? could i light matches? also i am interested in making one of those dvd diode lasers and have seen the term GB thrown around, but can't figure out what it stands for. I realize it's something obvious, but just cant seem to find out its meaning. anyway, great site!

Attachments

• Picture_034.jpg
    Picture_034.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77

Things

welcome to the forum! ;) some people have been able to light matches with a DX30, with a lense! basically, if you have some sort of magnifying glass laying around, it should work! GB stands for group buy ;)

Things

i think senkat is selling them for 17.50US INCLUDING shipping to anywhere in the world! just check out the "group buys" section of this forum, they are the 16X dvd diodes.