Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I know nothing about lasers and need help dealing with scientific research lasers

relabs

I deal with decommissioned university lab equipment, and I occasionally get some really expensive lasers. Right now, I have a Coherent Mira 900 and Pulse Picker 9200. I'm looking for scientific laser resellers who can help me test and sell these lasers as I don't have the capacity to store and deal with them long term. I've found Starlight Photonics and Anderson Lasers, but they weren't helpful (Starlight's too far away, and Anderson literally never answers any communication). I know this is a community for hobbyists, but if anyone knows anything about scientific lasers (or knows someone who does), I'd greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

I deal with decommissioned university lab equipment, and I occasionally get some really expensive lasers. Right now, I have a Coherent Mira 900 and Pulse Picker 9200. I'm looking for scientific laser resellers who can help me test and sell these lasers as I don't have the capacity to store and deal with them long term. I've found Starlight Photonics and Anderson Lasers, but they weren't helpful (Starlight's too far away, and Anderson literally never answers any communication). I know this is a community for hobbyists, but if anyone knows anything about scientific lasers (or knows someone who does), I'd greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
Where are you located?

Ultimatekaiser has a lot of experience with these, but haven't seen him here lately. His name is Matt and he lives in Colorado.

kecked

I use this laser. You need at least a 5 w green to drive it. The tisaph does 800nm and is tuneable. The pulse picker is used for locking to the output for boxcar averaging of the 8 mhz output. It’s driven by an 80 mhz dpass Verdi. Anderson has no interest in such lasers and really these are almost junk these days. Photonics knows it will sit on the shelf a long time. You might sell parts from it but very few people need this. Most people and hoping me too are going to units like the chameleon that do femtosecond pulses. It you want to dump it cheap like couple hundred bucks I might want it for the parts. Now if you find a pump for it and make a full system you might get a few grand. You can diode pump these but it takes work to do it. Despite what the absorption curve looks like, the blue diodes will not work. I know someone that tried. The green ones do. Getting then right beam characteristics M factor ect. is not easy from diodes. You also need a chiller.

the pulsepicker is just an aom and you need the driver. This is a nice laser. Just old tech.
you can get a nonlinear fiber and convert it to a continuum laser. That will sell faster. The fiber is expensive and you still need a pump. Real shame when setup,they are nice lasers.

it’s like the coherent dual dye jet we have. Great lasers for the time but now replaced by smaller more stable stuff.