Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I just transfered in

Ashton

Hi everyony, i came here from CPF (hello to everyone from there) and when cpf went down for "short maintenance" several days ago, i finally came over here.

I dont own a DL, but you all seem open-minded enough not to care. I do own a WL Pulsar (rated at under 150mw --- no idea its true output), an Atek 200mw (rated at 200+), and several simple pointers (nope, no greenies, sadly cant afford themn, so i'm waiting for the cheep diode-only greens to hit the shelves in a few years..)

my current project is to rig up a 1W+ handheld laser using 5 or more DVD-RW diodes and mirrors and beamcombiners, inside a maglight.

Welcome Ashton. Nothing wrong with Pulsars mate, mine is an animal. :cool:

Jase

T

timelord

Tallaxo said:
Welcome Ashton. Nothing wrong with Pulsars mate, mine is an animal. :cool:

Jase
I'll second that motion Jase my pulsar is the old mark 1 (100mw) and it's kicking out 176mw, murdering balloons at 50 feet too :eek:

Ashton --

You don't need a Dragon Laser to be here.  My new recalibrated LPM-1 shows 122 mW from my DL95 but I'm not saying anything good about them.

Mike

S

SenKat

Hemlock Mike said:
Ashton --

You don't need a Dragon Laser to be here.  My new recalibrated LPM-1 shows 122 mW from my DL95 but I'm not saying anything good about them.
 They wouldn't send me a new blue for review like they did for one of you  :mad:  Long ago, I asked to do a review and they replied get scru -- d.  We don't need you.  So I just say Pooooo -------

Mike

Mike - you have him confused with me, I believe. We've already discussed this, and I sent you an email regarding the details, and how I feel about the way you acted. Try to keep the forum members' names straight - Ashton has done nothing wrong either here, CPF, LC, or elsewhere.

Ashton

Thats good to know, I was under the impression that this was to DL what LaserCommunity was to WL.

Never meant to imply anythign bad about the Pulsar line, It's got good life, good power, good style, and is a real workhorse (compared to all the problems WL is having with their other lasers) I'm just saying that I dont know its' output, I've heard everywhere from ~100mw all teh way upto ~180mw! (but it will burn d*** well! I've burned white paper and clear palstic with it! so I doubt it's on the low end!)

and @ senkat: oh I dont know, I said a few less-than-happy things about WL over on LC that didn't bide too well (I ordered during chinese newyear, which I had no idea was going on, and was griping about getting no responce about my order, it beign stuck in "processing" and several more things (after a few days they acctually reversed charges untill after the holiday! so I cant really complain) My only real problem with WL is the dragon case I ordered had the whole end pop off after a few months (the threads got stuck and when I just barely pulled at that point the whole end popped off, and the other one is threatening to...)

So far, though... I think I'm gonna like it here... *evil grin* thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

S

SenKat

I think we all have said one thing or another over there that was not taken too kindly - it passes, just as it does here !

Ashton,

Please post some pictures of the Atek 200mW. I'm not familiar with it...

Steve

S

SenKat

stevetexas said:
Ashton,

Please post some pictures of the Atek 200mW.  I'm not familiar with it...

Steve

SURE you are, Steve - it's the Glowtorch under a different name ! He found a good deal on it, too ! But, yes - Ashton...post some pics, man....let's see that sucker in action !!!!

Greg

Ashton

lol. I'll have to look, I have soem video of it burning a 35mm film canisheter and killing a very large rubber band. Sadly no beam shots, though, my old camera couldn't captuer it and since I got my new camera I've nto had any batteries for it... (CR123s are expensive and I've not had a break from bills lately, still owe a LOT on my creditcard so I cant afford them ATM...)

When I do finally buy some, I'll get soem video, though, my new camera does video a hellova lot better than my old one (this one is a true Video Camera, but MAN does it eat batteries! 3xAAA in <1 hour!)

Ashton --

I'm not confused !! THis forum loves all lasers - That's what we're about.
I have a DL125 coming now so my 95 isn't lonesome !!!
I also have a DX200 but I carry my DL95 most of the time.

Mike