Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I hope nobody pays this price NUGM array.

I hope nobody pays this price, it's ridiculous.......That's not to say I don't want it, I do, but not at anywhere near this price as these arrays are limited in their use.

I never had seen wavelengths outside 445-455nm in that style multi diode packaging. Is it something newly being made? Are they doing 635nm units and 405nm units?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I never had seen wavelengths outside 445-455nm in that style multi diode packaging. Is it something newly being made? Are they doing 635nm units and 405nm units?
I've seen them in 635 but not 405.

Techhood is fishing for fools, here's a red array he's asking 20X what it's really worth, these arrays have serious limitations and we can't easily harvest the individual chips or easily correct the fast axis of each beam in this format, they are a neat novelty but not worth these outrageous prices, I do hope nobody will pay this outrageous price or anything like it, because I expect the guys obtaining these from the production line sell them to him for the price of a bowl of noodles.

I have been screwed by these Chinese sellers so many times, it never matters how much good business I do with them, the 1st change they get to screw me on something they do, it makes me want to avoid buying anything from them, I dam well can wait for prices to come down and I will, I hope everyone will.

Whoever is China is the first to drop pricing to something reasonable for them can happily take my money. At these prices it's in the ballpark to buy the laser video projectors they are made for and harvest them.

A couple of years and you can buy those same projectors gently used for dirt cheap. Besides these arrays have practical limitations, it would be much better to align your own knife edge array properly, these are just pretty well clustered and the divergence of each beam is poor, so if there not cheap, there not worth it.

I'm sure he pays no more for greens/reds than blues. I'm sure he's just looking for suckers. Priceswill come way way down in time.
His auctions have not been bringing much lately.

I won a NDB7A75 listed as NEW early on NewYears morning for 5.50 Yes 5 dollars and 50 cents and he sent me the weakest 7A75 I have ever seen, also my last NUBM35 sold as " NEW " arrived with a dead chip, to these Chinese the word " new " must mean newly used or something.

No way I would ever trust them to deliver a 1000 dollar array that's been " collected " from an assembly line.
A thief is always a thief.

I have bought a lot over time and I didn't even complain about the dead chip, but to send me a trash 7A75 just because I scored a good price at auction is really shitty, I won't buy any more of those arrays unless at auction and for cheap, there not very useful anyway although I am curious if the divergence of each beam is better ( should be ) and if the alignment is any better ( probably not ) ......now if they were corrected beams properly knife edged, then the price would be more acceptable, but for a green spotlight.... ehh

SANY6323.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, we still remember NUBM08 block for 1200usd when it first appeared at techhood store.
And 2-3 years later we could have it for around 150.

I think I will continue playing with blue NUBM36 arrays and once I have finished the setups for combining 2 or 4 of them, then blue chips can be replaced by greens or reds, if to that time the prices of these fall to the reasonable numbers...

Aren't 1W green dice significantly more expensive to make than high power 445-455nm blue 3-4watt dice?
I would expect to pay at least the relative watt to watt for blue to green diode power difference.

From specs I count that the efficiency of green NUGM must be around 14% and blue NUBM around 40%.
So the green output watts will be more expensive.

The green array is only 25 watts where a comparable blue is 100 watts so the cost per unit ( 1 array ) shouldn't be all that drastically different as per actual OEM purchase price, however I expect many of these are defects such as the nubm35 I bought listed as ( NEW ) that has 1 dead chip.

Probably, it doesn't use a color-wheel or phosphor-wheel as it says it uses RGB lasers.

Have you ever torn down a laser based projector, I have and believe me the lasers are only a small part of the manufacturers cost.

573cfe1d-c56e-4215-90bc-4eb6d11ccf07.__CR22,0,1876,769_PT0_SX1464_V1___.jpg

Last edited: