Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I had an eye appointment today....

suiraM

Benn,

The change was not to the overall dioptre, but to the corneal curvature distortion (I'm not sure what the English word for this is, actually). Regardless, it needn't have been related to the laser, but there does not seem to be any other plausible culprits. I wear UV protection outdoors during the daytime and shades when the sun is bright. I don't have any high intensity light sources in the house, and two eye docs could find no organic cause to account for it.

Not saying it has to be laser-related, just that it's the one thing that sticks out, and the timing fits. Since that eye focuses the colors incorrectly, the 405nm would have been divergant again before it hit the retina, particularly since the curvature of the glasses would have a slight focusing effect, but there is no reason it would be unfocused at the cornea. Whether 110mW/5mmØ/405nm/350ms is enough to have such an effect on the cornea is another matter.

adcurtin,

Yes, the ones I've tried are akward to wear with regular glasses.

There are, however, some models that should accomodate glasses more easily.