Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Got Scammed By BeamQ

Hi everyone i think ive got the right thread to post this here right where do i start i placed an order from beamq with this item

https://www.beamq.com/488nm-laser-diode-60mw-p-723.html?zenid=pgccn716si1gqp8ocled7j4p40

I looked at the spec sheet its a nichia so i placed an order for 1 diode the diode i got very fast only in a few days i open up the parcel i was so exited then my eyes see the numbers on the diode window like the sharp ones i pressed it into a copper heatsink set the current to 100ma and dam i got the square box u get from the sharp ones i contacted beamq no reply so i open a paypal case and i lost the case so they must of said some rubbish to get out of it this is not the end yet i will phone my credit card company to see if they can get my money back. :(

jnrpop

Looks like BeamQ is up to their old games again o_O
I cant see Nichia written anywhere on the listing you linked too, but in their 460-490nm range they have a Osram PLT5-480 and a Osram PLT5-488 diode, pretty sure they are the same diode, even though ones priced at $299 and the other at $999 :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Evans965, do you need your old PLT5-488 back?

All the best
J :coffee:

I don't see anything on the page you linked that suggests this diode was from any manufacturer in particular. Am I missing something?

I do see the next listing on the bottom linking a 462nm nichia diode... but that's an entire different listing.

Nae K

Thank you for posting this, I've been on beamq before and almost bought from them, sucks you got scammed though. Hopefully the credit card company settle this for you.

Where did you find that spec sheet?

The picture of the diodes is just a stock photo. I'm sure they use it on many of their listings.

I still don't see anywhere on beamq's site stating it's supposed to be a nichia diode.

At the bottom of the page it shows a sharp diode then at the top no diode name they are false advertising

If you paid $200 for a Sharp 490nm diode, you overpaid by a lot. I couldn't find a manufacturer for that diode either.

Is it correct the Nichia 488 does not have the square box ?

It's not actually the Diode causing it anyway. It's the G2 lens causing it. The Lens is reflecting light back on to the top of the diode mounting plate. Then it's reflected by the plate back out the lens.

If you use a 3 Element Glass it should go away. You will have lower output power though.

All the Nichia 520's and 505's I have all have the Square box with the G2 lens. My Sharp 488 also has it with the G2 lens. But fine with a 3 element glass.

jnrpop

The Osram and Nichia 488nm diodes do not have the square box (y), and the Osram PLT5-488 diode is still over $300us to purchase, the Nichia i could only guess would still be in the $1xxx range.

The square box was and has been only visible on the most recent SHARP variations of wavelengths, 510/505/495/488/480 etc....

Mosc, are you certain you have a box on your NICHIA diodes? or could it possible on your sharp 510 and 505 diodes.

J

On there website they had a 488nm laser diode at 60mw and under it was a spec sheet from the 488nm nichia diode so when i paid for it i was thinking yes im going to get a nichia 488nm diode without the box around the beam like the osram one but they sent me a sharp 55mw one instead with the box the website is false advertising if they put on the site the make of the diode but no they put the sharp diode at the bottom and then this one at the top of the page so bad company i am stuck with a $224 usd sharp diode thats worth $50 max.

wow! way to go CrapQ! why o why must companies do this stuff? I was actually thinking of getting something from them sometime. not anymore! :mad: you would think laser companies would realize that we are a small closely knit community and word spreads fast, they all should know that it would get mentioned on this particular site. sorry to hear about this evans :(