Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i find this... odd about Techlasers:

if i remember everything correctly, techlasers stated that they weren't gonna send any units to people here for review, that such reviews were pointless because they were selling the exact same units as other manufacturers (yeah, right), but...
3 days ago, nero_design (who - i may be wrong, but - as far as i have seen seems to constantly stick up for WL and TL, say they're the bestest laser companies ever, etc) recieved for review (apparently, techlasers asked if he wanted to do it) a Techlasers Titan - said review being on CPF, here. so much for reviews being unwanted and pointless??
and unsurprisingly...it's an absolutely glowing review, can't find a single even slightly negative comment. hell, it sounds almost like marketing speak to me. now, i don't wanna accuse anyone of anything, but all this just seems *really* very strange to me...

Gazoo

I read his review, and the only flaw I found in it is he didn't use a power meter to test the output of the laser.

Welcome to the world of WL propaganda ;D

Let Freedom Ring on LPF!!! :cool:

No Taxation without represen.....actually that doesnt apply, just freedom of speech  ;)

Summary: No matter what reviews I read, I (and hopefully most people on here by now) will learn that Tech Lasers is probably a scam, and will be treated as one until a review is done by a knowledgeable and respected forum member.

Game Over Tech Lasers...
SUB20FAT.gif

Rock on LPF:
stewarthc7.gif

-Dough

yeah, some of how i feel about that review is gut instinct, i don't trust it... but those lil facts i mentioned in my post add to that, a lot. i definitely do not trust TL, and a review from someone i trust - or even a couple - is all that would change my mind about them.

Aseras

yeah and chargerman, another WL mod also got a titan to review....

BooBoo

In thier 'hello post', to lc tl stated, so definativly vauge manner, something along the lines of, : '
'We Are selling CNIs ! HOWEVER, The lasers we sell are not CNIs, they are newer, better units, with more mW than you'd expect. These are the same lasers WL was selling before they began producing thier own line of lasers'

*How much better ?
*Is that a garantee that if I buy a 125mW I will recive one with a higher than, ie greater than the mW advertized ?
*Are they CNIs ?
*Are they Not CNIs, but simply produced to look that way...being that, after all the black and gold is quite handsome ? ;)

Now which was it... I wondered... :-? As I posed (and refered to the link of the previously mentioned post) to the 'powers that be' over there at WL&LC, in a post stared by another, entitled 'Is TL a scammer?'... To which the only reply I recieved was, to find I was banned within the following days.... Guess the answer is that... indeed, they are not selling what they reprisent themselves to peddle :eek:

.... or.... perhaps there is some ... other reason...

Milos

nero_design reviews are getting very vague. I got nothing against him except that now they are complete advertisements. No critique at all. I take reviews very seriously and I like to hear both sides.What kind of laser review is this when its a perfect unit. There is no such thing- not in laser world specially. Like Pseudo sometimes focuses more on critique than positive sides but at least you know that units he writes about are being looked at, tested, and judged carefully.

grrrrh

just my 5c

Aseras said:
yeah and chargerman, another WL mod also got a titan to review....
i wonder if that was also a very very glowing review praising the laser deities for shining down upon us and creating WL/TL...lol

Milos said:
nero_design reviews are getting very vague. I got nothing against him except that now they are complete advertisements. No critique at all. I take reviews very seriously and I like to hear both sides.What kind of laser review is this when its a perfect unit. There is no such thing- not in laser world specially. Like Pseudo sometimes focuses more on critique than positive sides but at least you know that units he writes about are being looked at, tested, and judged carefully.

grrrrh

just my 5c
yes, that's part of what makes my gut say "fake" about the review, it really sounds like pure marketing speak/advertising... which in turn seems dishonest... even reviews by people who absolutely love the laser they're reviewing and want to have it's babies usually discuss some tiny niggle/annoyance/drawback :/

so yeah, something like that posing as a review annoys me, i hate dishonesty, and it makes me question if nero really is just a huge huge huge fan who *literally* can't say a single bad word about WL/TL, or is somehow in their employ, especially with posts i remember from him saying that all the criticism about WL/TL is other laser companies (who are of course, all evil puppydog-kickers and make their lasers from the corpses of ickle kittens) spreading malicious rumours because they're threatened by how utterly awesome WL supposedly is and can only compete by spreading evil lies (i did see a post to this effect on LC by nero, but it was in a thread that's now deleted i think)

Milos

marianne said:
[quote author=Milos link=1191270593/0#6 date=1191281145]

so yeah, something like that posing as a review annoys me, i hate dishonesty, and it makes me question if nero really is just a huge huge huge fan who *literally* can't say a single bad word about WL/TL, or is somehow in their employ, especially with posts i remember from him saying that all the criticism about WL/TL is other laser companies (who are of course, all evil puppydog-kickers and make their lasers from the corpses of ickle kittens) spreading malicious rumours because they're threatened by how utterly awesome WL supposedly is and can only compete by spreading evil lies (i did see a post to this effect on LC by nero, but it was in a thread that's now deleted i think)

Annoying it is!,
People can get stuck for many reasons, and they stick to something for way too long loosing the reality check in the process. I'm not saying change is always necessary, but it isn't necessary either to stick to one thing no matter what it becomes. Like many of us were fans of WL for a while, but doesn't mean that we are going to follow it religiously under any conditions. Nero seems to have gotten stuck imo and now does cheesy reviews of lasers he doesn't even know who makes and if they are copies of well known designs or not. I believe he admitted this himself in one of the threads.

some critique would make it a lot more credible.

I can only agree. All this great publicity and reviews for Techlasers suddently came on the scene right about the same time they did and were suspiciously too positive. Looks like a scam to me.

marianne said:
[quote author=Milos link=1191270593/0#6 date=1191281145]nero_design reviews are getting very vague. I got nothing against him except that now they are complete advertisements. No critique at all. I take reviews very seriously and I like to hear both sides.What kind of laser review is this when its a perfect unit. There is no such thing- not in laser world specially. Like Pseudo sometimes focuses more on critique than positive sides but at least you know that units he writes about are being looked at, tested, and judged carefully.

grrrrh

just my 5c
yes, that's part of what makes my gut say "fake" about the review, it really sounds like pure marketing speak/advertising... which in turn seems dishonest... even reviews by people who absolutely love the laser they're reviewing and want to have it's babies usually discuss some tiny niggle/annoyance/drawback :/

so yeah, something like that posing as a review annoys me, i hate dishonesty, and it makes me question if nero really is just a huge huge huge fan who *literally* can't say a single bad word about WL/TL, or is somehow in their employ, especially with posts i remember from him saying that all the criticism about WL/TL is other laser companies (who are of course, all evil puppydog-kickers and make their lasers from the corpses of ickle kittens) spreading malicious rumours because they're threatened by how utterly awesome WL supposedly is and can only compete by spreading evil lies (i did see a post to this effect on LC by nero, but it was in a thread that's now deleted i think)[/quote]

There's no doubt that Nero design is employed by WL/TL. For the past two years or so, Nero has been the WL photographer and doing all the important photo layouts for the WL website. This is also why he doesn't have a good laser power meter, he's not a laser expert, just a photographer on the WL/TL payroll.

Maybe he'll also be doing the WL/TL comparison between the TL Skybolt and our RPL-165. The reason I say this is because WL/TL just bought two of our RPL-165 lasers. Not sure why they bought them, maybe they'll say they're RPL-300s or something and compare them to their skybolt 225, who knows.

I would have never known if not for the kind people at UPS.
A fellow in California bought two of the RPL-165 lasers last week. They were sent by 2nd day fedex and within an hour of me getting the delivery confirmation email from fedex, I got a call from a UPS office in this same city. The UPS clerk said that they had a package brought in from a customer with our fedex airbill attached to it and they wanted to know how to classify it for customs export. Wondering who the lasers were going to, I told them that it depended on the final destination address as to how they should be classified as several packages were sent to that customer. There wasn't any other packages, just that one; but I wanted to know who really ordered them. I was told that this was that package that is going to "J.Cornwell" at 555 Fahuazhen road in Shanghai China, at that point, for some reason my cell phone dropped the call.

well isn't that interesting! perhaps they need the RPLs to better clone them... lol

Either that or you will see Nero and Chargerman get one each for review and to proclaim that Techlasers sell genuine RPL's !! Or maybe Athoul will get a nice present this time around ?? Who knows ?

Some people seem like they've been brainwashed in favor of WL. Some people seem like they've been brainwashed against WL.