Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I built my first laser!!!! (UPDATED)

UPDATE: following your advices i set the driver to 255mA. I've also modded the aixiz acrylic lens to make the hole bigger. Now it burns like the dilda... but it has a dimmer dot. I mean, both burn at the same speed and do similar things (beam also looks similar in both lasers), but the dilda has a much brighter dot(about two times brighter). With my lasershades i can perfectly notice a 30cm diameter unfocused spot from the dilda, but i can't even notice a 10cm diameter spot from my homemade laser. I can't explain it, because the diode was from a 16X burner (with lots of use, but 16X).
I've also noticed that the diode heats up quicker now. I have prepared an aluminium host with a quite big  (12graims) heatsink, that only needs a hole which will be done in the next days. I'll post some pics when it's finished.  
If I were in the US i'd send someone the laser to test it, but as I am far from there, shipping cost would be high...

EDIT: FAILZ!!! I shoud have set it to 300mA!!! Now i don't want to desolder/resolder the diode again.

erdabyz said:
UPDATE: following your advices i set the driver to 255mA. I've also modded the aixiz acrylic lens to make the hole bigger. Now it burns like the dilda... but it has a dimmer dot. I mean, both burn at the same speed and do similar things (beam also looks similar in both lasers), but the dilda has a much brighter dot(about two times brighter). With my lasershades i can perfectly notice a 30cm diameter unfocused spot from the dilda, but i can't even notice a 10cm diameter spot from my homemade laser. I can't explain it, because the diode was from a 16X burner (with lots of use, but 16X).
I've also noticed that the diode heats up quicker now. I have prepared an aluminium host with a quite big  (12graims) heatsink, that only needs a hole which will be done in the next days. I'll post some pics when it's finished.  
If I were in the US i'd send someone the laser to test it, but as I am far from there, shipping cost would be high...

EDIT: FAILZ!!! I shoud have set it to 300mA!!! Now i don't want to desolder/resolder the diode again.
They are different brightnesses because they are different wavelengths.

well peoples i gto a long open can diode from the monk pre installed in an aixiz module at an unbelievable price