Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I broke my Laser!

Dutra19

Hi ro everyone. I have bought one 303 green Laser from China then I tried to tear down the laser diode part but the dps crystal felt apart. I'm afraid of my green laser turning one Infrared laser... What can I do ?

The top brass part that felt apart... it has a lot of glue in it but with a little touch came apart. :/ I put it in place and it stay, but i' m still afraid.

IR lasers are very Cool, but I don't have laser glasses....

Dutra19

But... can i glue it or something... because it's still emitting green light!

Dutra19

Are you sure you just didn't unscrew the focus knob till fell off?

I was using pliers to try unscrewing the diode heatsink :/ then that ktp crystal fell... But I place it in the same location and it stay here and works... :)

GSS

I don't have a 301 532 near me at the moment but I think it would be one of the lenses that fell off, not a crystal if its still lazing green??
To line up the crystal perfect would be a miracle.."I would think"...

diachi

I don't have a 301 532 near me at the moment but I think it would be one of the lenses that fell off, not a crystal if its still lazing green??

Could be the expander lens. Which might be a pain to align properly too, given the short FL they have.

OP, can you post pictures?

If you removed the Nd:YVO4/KTP crystal set you would not get green light until you placed it back in front of the laser diode. If you are still getting green light after removing what you did, it is not the crystal set.

yeah you probably just have a really badly unfocused green flashlight, LOL! I took my top optical glass off a while back just to have a green laser flashlight for a while. should be able to get it back on there.

Yep that’s the crystal set and right on top is the expander. You can try and carefully use a tiny bit of epoxy resin but it must be applied to the outside surface of the brass only. Get it into, onto anything else and it’s over. If you can’t fix it, trash it and buy another. They’re very cheap.
SGD🍻

Dutra19

That's what happen after i put the crystal in place... the dot was ~3x bigger IMG-20190424-WA0042.jpg

Dutra19

Yep that’s the crystal set and right on top is the expander. You can try and carefully use a tiny bit of epoxy resin but it must be applied to the outside surface of the brass only. Get it into, onto anything else and it’s over. If you can’t fix it, trash it and buy another. They’re very cheap.
SGD🍻
:) i'll glue it...

Once the crystal set and expansion lens are in place you will need to focus the laser to get the tightest collimated dot.