Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a new laser

Hi!

Today I was playing with my 5mW green laser and I noticed that around the dot have a mist of little dots, sounding like dirty lens, I searched a bit on internet and here and the best answer I found was to use a Q-tip + alcohol, then, I tried to clean the lens but accidentally I ruined it. :(:( :( :( Is a cheap laser pointer that I bought for U$12.25 on Paraguay, it has been working well for 1 year and 7 months, not bad! :eek:

Then I started to search for a new laser, this time, more powerfull, since I got much more experience and I know how to use with safety. I found one green laser that suits my needs, must have a security key to lock the laser, must have much power (200 ~ 500mW), not need to have effects caps and be acessible for me, come with battery/charger.

This is what I bought: Caneta laser Pointer verde 500mw Profissional Recarregável Estoura Balões - QLOJA!

1410_1.png

It comes with a rechargeable battery and a battery charger, and have a power of 500mW.

I wanna know, what do you think?

If it's 500mW you'll absolutely need some goggles. Now that's probably got an IR filter in but just to be sure with that high power you will probably need a green and IR filter. Don't even think of getting that without goggles.

Yes, of course, I'm trying to find that goggles here to buy!

--------

Eu não sei, não confio mais tanto nesses lasers, como dizem, se um laser tem 500mW de potência e na etiqueta está escrito "Outpou power < 500mW", e tomando 0mW como ausência de potência, temos: 0mW < 500mW, isso quer dizer que se este laser emitir somente 0,5mW ainda estará dentro das especificações!

Só comprei nessa loja pois era uma "loja", ou seja, tem garantia de 90 dias, nota fiscal, etc., e vinha com bateria e carregador, o que me poupou grana e tempo, além de que as avaliações das pessoas eram positivas. A maioria eram rolos no mercado livre, coisa que não confio.

Se vir 100mW e estourar balões, coisa que esta potência deve fazer, estou muito feliz. :)

I was searching for the same goggles but didn't find yet. Can you guys helps me to finding this one for me.

I cannot find the goggles here in Joinville :(

Well, my new laser arrived today, on the label says "2000mW", I think this is the power of the 808nm diode, the real output power must be 600~300mW, since the wavelenght conversion isn't perfect, it was able to fire up matches instantly, but I can't pop balloons white/gold, maybe I can pop a black balloon!

Some photos:

laser.blog.00024.jpg

laser.blog.00025.jpg

laser.blog.00026.jpg

laser.blog.00027.jpg

laser.blog.00028.jpg

laser.blog.00029.jpg

laser.blog.00030.jpg

laser.blog.00031.jpg

Cel

It is probably up to ~100mW...

Chineses like to add 0's next to power output...

Cel

Well, I am not sure about the currency conversion...

I wouldn't pay more than 40-50$ for a chinese (random company/ebay) 100mW (true power).

I'd rather get one from a trusted company, and it would be at least 200mW.

I have some ebay pens for general purpose pointing and having fun (probably less than 50mW), and a trophy laser for showtime and burning (445nm)...

IMO the best option is to have some low power lasers, and one (or few) high power lasers, without medium power ones (if you can't afford that many)... of course, if you are experienced and have laser protection goggles, otherwise stay away from high and mid power lasers.

Yes, but here is more complicated, we don't have much choice, so, here, you need to buy a 500mW green laser to get 100mW like me, and here have much tax that make the price grow much.

I'm very satisfied with my laser, since I don't know how powerfull it is, I don't know if was a good investiment.

Thank you!

Yes, $75 is equivalent to R$179,00, basically the price that I paid.

Thanks for the suggestions! But I think I don't need nothing more powerfull, can be very dangerous! I don't gonna like to see all the persons using goggles while I'm using my laser.

Thanks to all!

Encap

Be very careful with the one you have---it is more than powerful enough to cause serious eye damage if an eye takes a direct hit.

Yes! I know, because of this I bought the version with the security lock/key, only I will can use the laser.

Well. Thanks for your help! :)

I have 4 of those lasers exact same in looks different name on side and three are 125 to 135 mW lpm and the other is 80mW the chinese really like to exaggerate the output power but they are certainly a lot better than eBay pens

I got the same laser host, although the label of my one says <200mW its been tested at 50mW. I'm afraid for a 2W its going to be impossibly expensive.