Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a new laser

Cel

I got the same laser host, although the label of my one says <200mW its been tested at 50mW. I'm afraid for a 2W its going to be impossibly expensive.

And impossible in such a small host...

The power dissipated to generate 2000mW will be very big to this host.

But, I don't buy from ebay, here in Brazil we have a site called MercadoLivre that sells lasers too, unreliable too.

MercadoLivre is worst than any ebay.
Its unregulated when laser related. Sellers lie all around about lasers power (5W greenies cost $30). I trust alibaba better.

Alessnilsen, pm incoming.

Cel

what? ebay is not unrealiable... there are sellers that constantly sell overspec lasers for 4-5$... there are even a few threads about that...

and if you get a faulty one, you can easily get refunded or get your laser reshipped...

eBay I don't know, I never bought anything from MercadoLivre, I can't say anything about, but I have heard from some folks that isn't reliable, I prefer skip and buy from a reliable shop, with warranty.

Thanks.

I like this laser, I don't know how powerfull they is, I'll buy some safety goggles from Mpmegas, I can cut and burn black plastic, trash bags, insulation tape, fire matches easily, only thing that to pop a balloon, I need to make a X on it with black pen and focus the laser, that pops easily too.

On sky, its very bright, but the beam have some divergence.

It comes with a Xiamen Nanfu 18650 inteligent charger and with a J.W.S 18650 3500mAH battery (I think is a unprotected li-ion battery, but I don't know).

laser.blog.00032.JPG

laser.blog.00033.JPG

laser.blog.00034.JPG

What kind of shops can we trust? As the laser quality is really necessary for safety. And there seems be so many stores.