Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a fog generator,wow

Frosty

Well I picked one up at spencers gifts for 40 bucks, its a pretty cool machine but not exactly what i expected. This is a 700 watt model so it makes LOTS of fog. I mean LOTS!!!! Enough to set off every smoke detector in my apartment after only 2 blasts of the button. On the other hand lasers look really neat! I got a good fan effect by using a prisim and setting up a few mirrors had me drooling. Now im airing out the bathroom cause thats the only room with no detectors in it. Is there a way to make the fog stay lower to the ground? Maybe by raising or lowering the temp of the room????

Things

i have had lots of luck making fog stick to the ground, but you have to cool the fog, or heat the room to 200 degrees. look up fog chiller in google, even a piece of pvc pipe with ice in it will work! i think my fog machine is something like 1kw, it makes a hell of alot of fog!!!!

Frosty

Thanks man! I cut a couple of holes in a square bucket and filled it with ice, it does a much better job now untill something stirs it up. quite a bit of fog still escapes from the unit itself but now i have a sweet halloween setup!!!! :-?

Sniper

hey i bought the same fog machine at spencers gifts too!

unfortunately mine doesnt work properly, so im going to get a replacement as soon as they get more here on the islands.

it makes this loud grinding noise and the hose wont suck up and fog juice, so i have to hold it upwards and pour it in the end, which gets it everywhere. and thats only to get a little bit of fog.

but my lasers look great when i make just a little bit of fog in my room.

Things

how much are they at spencers gifts? my fog machine did that, but it isn't one from spencers gifts. all i had to do was replace the pump, and it worked perfectly! maybe it would be cheaper to replace the pump instead of get a whole new machine?

Frosty

things said:
how much are they at spencers gifts? my fog machine did that, but it isn't one from spencers gifts. all i had to do was replace the pump, and it worked perfectly! maybe it would be cheaper to replace the pump instead of get a whole new machine?

40 bucks at spencers gifts, but i had a 25 dollar off coupon if i spent more than 50. so go buy your halloween stuff now, get the coupon then get the fogger, lol. And I learned the hard way, jsut a bit of fog works fine. I went outside and smoked a cig and had the timer on, well I thiought it was the lowest setting. it was acutually teh highest exposure. meaning every 45 seconds it sprayed for 10 seconds. I walking into a creepy graveyard after 10 minutes, lol.

For those of you looking for a really cheap smoke machine, can I recommend the humble steam iron. Fill with smoke fluid, switch on, and voila! lots of lovely smoke. Just remember to flush it out with plenty of water before returning it to its proper usage  ;)

For those on an even cheaper budget, you can make our own smoke fluid with a mixture of glycerine and water ( I use Propylene Glycol from work, even cheaper)

Using this method, the smoke tends to spread and rise though, not too good for your re-creations of the "Thriller" video. But great for filling the whole room with a nice laser friendly haze.