Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I am a new member!!!

Emc2

Hi everyone it is good to be here. I found this forum from a friend and I decided to move over here since the wicked lasers forum got so lame. This forum seems to have a much more mature audience and the laser topics are much better too. Anyway I am looking forward to visiting and posting. There are several here that I recognize from the WL forum....good to see you all. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Todd and I live in TX and I am a Photographer and astronomer. You can see many of my photos on www.pbase.com/todd991 and I have a cool laser gallery there too. My obsession with lasers began when I was in middle school during my science class and I bought my first red 670nm pointer from Edmund Scientific for $200.00 as they were first available. Then I moved up to Helium Neon lasers and now have several green pointers including a few from Wicked Lasers. Three 150mW Pulsar lasers, one Phoenix, four 20mW green pointers, Two Alpha style lasers (supposed to be sold as 10mW but tested at 55 & 65mW. Those are my favorite and most stable lasers. One day soon I hope to buy a blue laser. But for now I am saving up for the new Nikon D3 digital camera ($4999.99) Yikes! But it will be good for my wedding and portrait photography. Any way that is pretty much it for me so far without getting into too many boring details. I look forward to making friends with you all.

-T
Link fixed for you Todd ;)
Timelord :cool:

welcome to LPF, E=mc2! $200 for a 670nm pointer? how long ago was that? and don't feel left out spending on non-laser stuff - i'm currently saving for a macbook and a trip to australia!! hehe.. i also enjoy LPF far more than i ever enjoyed LC, even before i was banned :)

H

High_Octane

WELCOME, Glad to see ya moving up to the LPF laser goodness.

Rhith

It's nice to have an already knowledgeable member joining us. I'm looking forward to your contributions.

Emc2

Thanks for the welcome everyone, this is a fun place.