Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion Cuprum is in!

94Z28

Unboxed:
2d0yrz5.jpg

2prz5fq.jpg

fe3qlk.jpg

I got my Cuprum in a couple days ago after having to go to the local USPS and pick it up, because the delivery guy doesn't like to get out of his truck and knock on the door. Initially i was confused because it was in a white polypropylene bag, but once I got it home and opened found a small box inside the bag (PHEW..) although it had some small damage to the box, everything seemed intact. Opened her all up, and got a 9v battery installed; It did nothing :confused: Oh right, it needed to be unlocked by astralist.

He was busy for the day, but that night he sent some software.. We had a couple issues with the software on my Windows 7 laptop (I mostly run Linux at home). He has great technical support I must say especially when compared to some companies I have dealt with in the past. Nonetheless, he ended up having to write me a custom software to unlock his hardware and the whole process only took roughly 24hrs to get it to activate.

Once I got her activated; I decided to point some low power greenies at it.. It was the 532 301 and a 532 Star Pointer i got in the mail 2 days ago from another source. I was mostly trying to see if they test consistently (the same mW readings between tests) and it seems to be holding out steady.

1zp5ctw.jpg

Here is a screenshot from the logging software while testing the 532 301; I kinda fudged the Starpointer graph, both of them tested right at around 45mw-60mw consistently.

246jash.jpg

Here is a photo of the LPM reading the star pointing green (same type as one of my recent posts, but it's a different laser).

I only have the Cuprum package right now so my 2w lasers do not test well on it (2w maximum) atleast with the G2 lenses. If I put the acrylic lens on my M140s all of them are testing from 1450-1600mw on this LPM. If i put the G2 on them, they hit 2000mw quick, and then I have no idea how far it goes. It's like I went to the circus and was trying one of those "strongman" bell games; It definitely rang the bell, and hell it may have even knocked the bell down :eg:

Sorry it's just all laying around I haven't had it but a couple days.. I need atleast a few weekends to get mounts all made up and a project box together for the chip. I will update this with more information once I get the upgrade to the 6w version or whatever else will happen within the next few days... so far I would say it seems work the price he is asking and the support is also good.

/EDIT Update - QUICK graph of my M140 @ 1.8A in SL C6 Host with G2 from Anomaly after my upgrade
2i732wz.png

Last edited:

Thanks for the review! (but shouldn't it goes to the forum's "review section"?)

BTW, when exporting graph with LCD display shown, the exported graph will include those LCD display too.
Also you can try try to change from "dot" to "line" for alternative view. :beer:

And one last things, it's better if you keep those anti static bag to store the board ;)

94Z28

Thanks for the review! (but shouldn't it goes to the forum's "review section"?)

BTW, when exporting graph with LCD display shown, the exported graph will include those LCD display too.
Also you can try try to change from "dot" to "line" for alternative view. :beer:

And one last things, it's better if you keep those anti static bag to store the board ;)

Thanks haven't had much time to finish a thorough review, once I've tested the complete system up to all my lasers peak I'll ask to have it moved to reviews. Plus I need a Ophir head to do complete review (maybe next 2 weeks).

Oh and I store EVERYTHING in antistatic bags.. even optics although not sure if they are safe in there or not lol.

Last edited:

Benm

Build a nice case around it instead of working with bare pcb's ;)

It's not just static discharges you know, little pieces of snipped away component leads and wires can wreck havoc too, especially if left on your anti-static mat from a previous project :D

94Z28

Build a nice case around it instead of working with bare pcb's ;)

It's not just static discharges you know, little pieces of snipped away component leads and wires can wreck havoc too, especially if left on your anti-static mat from a previous project :D

Working on that this weekend.. actually have some polypropylene sheet under it when I use it from the extruder at work.