Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Huge sale! New things added! :d

:pop: any offers? :D

-Alex

I'm kinda surprised nobody has jumped on this yet!
If I could come up with the cash, I would. But we just started on a 75 gallon aquarium setup, so kinda low on funds right now.
Hap, do you know what diode is used for your 532? I'm wondering with it being so overspec, if it's being driven too hard?

Sta

I'm kinda surprised nobody has jumped on this yet!
If I could come up with the cash, I would. But we just started on a 75 gallon aquarium setup, so kinda low on funds right now.
Hap, do you know what diode is used for your 532? I'm wondering with it being so overspec, if it's being driven too hard?

Chris, 532s don't use diodes, and CNI never discloses which components they use. Typically when 532s are overspec it is because of better than expected crystal efficiency.

Rivem

Man, wish I saw this thread earlier. That 532nm though...

Right on the edge of the hobby budget too. :undecided:

Man, wish I saw this thread earlier. That 532nm though...

Right on the edge of the hobby budget too. :undecided:

Thanks Rivem!

I wouldn't mind letting it go for a little lower price, but wouldn't go below $170. I mean were talking 470mW's of 532 for $170 now. Unheard of ;)

-Alex

Chris, 532s don't use diodes, and CNI never discloses which components they use. Typically when 532s are overspec it is because of better than expected crystal efficiency.

That's not rue. They use an 808nm pump diode and it can be over driven. When I first saw the question, I thought it was pertinent. I still do, though the answer may never be known.

Edit; Alex, I'm very tempted myself, but am going to wait as I just spent a lot for a spectrometer and several new diodes and drivers. It's time to service my car now, also.

Last edited:

Rivem

Thanks Rivem!

I wouldn't mind letting it go for a little lower price, but wouldn't go below $170. I mean were talking 470mW's of 532 for $170 now. Unheard of ;)

-Alex

:eek:Why must you tempt me so?!

I'll think about it this weekend after the bills are paid.

^Ok guys.

I have some upcoming bills coming up too so I understand. Thanks for taking a look :yh:

-Alex

Alex, what kind of LMP did you use to check the power of the 532nm with? I'm still temped and need to know a little more before I think about pulling the trigger.

diachi

Couldn't you have had this sale in a month when my truck is finally paid off? :p

Should have been paying attention, would have taken that 450 and probably the Eagle Pair for blue/green too... Oh well!

Couldn't you have had this sale in a month when my truck is finally paid off? :p

Should have been paying attention, would have taken that 450 and probably the Eagle Pair for blue/green too... Oh well!

Sorry diachi :( :)

-Alex

Hmmm! I'll let you know tomorrow. I'd love to have it, but am concerned about my finances.

Last edited: