Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Howdy!

dobart

Hi, my name's Greg, just settling in after moving to Seattle. Got my basement lab up and running and finally got around to registering to this fine forum in which I've lurked to solve more than a few vexing problems over time.

Anyway, now that I'm working full time I find myself ironically able to afford dabbling in fun hobbies that I hadn't been able to keep up with for a while; not since the days of the first 1000mw dpss greens anyway.

So I'm picking through the fora researching the best ways to build a nice lab optical breaboard featuring some of my favorite wavelengths and a combiner and galvo. Diodes, mounts, PS considerations, PWM and analog drivers...

Have some fun ideas for strange attractor spirographs and some RGB scanning/rasterizing/projection stuff.

Okay, dusting off the 'blue' goggles, an interesting Casio projector just showed up in the mail.

HIMNL9

Welcome on LPF !

Please read FAQs and safety related posts ..... remember, safety first ;)

For the RGB projection stuff, I'd also check out PhotonLexicon. That being said, welcome to LPF, and as HIMNL9 said, safety first, and read the stickies.

dobart

Thanks, yes although the power levels (electrical input) are less sketchy compared to my argon-ion, the optical power levels are sobering indeed... WATTS.

Thanks for the input RE RGB, I'll be perusing that in a bit after I get everyone settled in for the evening.