Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Howdy Y'all and wth did i find?

Kasper

Hello from Nebraska. Given name James. Currently a truck driver delivering liquid N2 and O2 to industrial, food processing and hospital locations. I also keep my eyes open and pick up various scrap I recycle for "beer" money. Recently I recovered an "industrial laser pump?" in a spirited excavation of a robust refuse receptacle [dumpster dive] that I am scrapping out and looking for some advice as to what to do with the components. To wit: { 22 } IPG PLD-70-974-t . Did some research which led me here. I know they are Phased laser diodes but don't know their value and whether anyone here might be interested in them. My apologies if I may be crossing any lines here. Not my intention. I spent 2-3 hours reading before I even decided to try this post . Any advice would be appreciated.
TYIA
James

P.S.
If there were any interest it would be handled thru ebay/paypal to ensure the safety of all involved.
Edit: If this post needs to be modified, please inform me of the changes needed.

Encap

Doubt untested, used, industrial scrap, maybe not functional, dumpster scavanged diodes would be of any interest here.

Little if any interest in fiber couple 974nm diodes on LPF even if still good.

Try putting them on Ebay and see if you get any bites. There is one PLD70 on Ebay at the moment.

You can only offer items for sale in the Buy, Sell, and Trade sub-forum but you need a minimum of 20 laser realted post to pst there-- under title it says: "Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation."

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Problem we have here like a lot of surplus tech online is you can only sell as is. The seller usually has no experience or knowledge of what is being sold. And due to there being no power supply, they are untested. Power supplies can be hard to source, especially if there are overrides to overcome. I know that there is a chance that this could work and people may be able to get up and running for a reasonable cost. But 9/10 times they won't. Best bet like Encap said is eBay, and see if someone wants to risk a purchase. For your protection you'll have to state. 'What you see is what you get' and 'Sold as is'.

On a separate note is wasn't a bad idea posting it here.

..we suggest that you make a nice little 'intro' w/ your general location in the title (as well as in yr profile)
many here visit that forum often and you , for sure, will get greets from members not too far away -- all LPF owners of LPMS will meter any lasers for you --no charge.
got questions? I don't have all the answers BUT know members that do..

haha
take lots of pics-we wanny see!

HAK

You don't have to make any intro, just post pics of what you have but don't say " For Sale " unless you post in the BST thread, Just say " Hey look at what I found " and people who are interested will send you a personal message. I'm always interested in scavenged stuff as are some other members. P.S. if your pump modules are connected by way of fiber try to keep it all intact if possible. PLD-70-974t should be 70w 974nm fiber coupled pump modules, if they are all on a single board then chances are some will be working, if loose parts then they may have some life left but will likely have been replaced for being near end of service life.

Kasper

A couple of pictures. Another, different kind of diode in the pictures. Printing on it is 618 GHJ 0702 I live between Omaha and Lincoln Nebraska in Greenwood.
PICT0474.JPGPICT0466.JPGPICT0472.JPGPICT0473.JPG

Last edited:
nice pics--TY

NOT a visible laser...found the specs..

Last edited: