Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How well Should a 700mW Green burn

Thank you guys, I am glad to find this web site in all this I appreciate the help and knowledge Thanks

I think I'm pretty convinced that it's under power. they are guaranteed over specs, the seller is going to test and grab there highest they got and send it out. I might send that one to a member if I'm still unhappy and then if that is crap I can do a full write up of this crappy experience, get a full refund and buy directly from jetlasers. and i'll be buying some members builds as well :drool:

EDIT:

In the review section a guy with a 400 mw green says he burned through a CD case in 5 seconds. However I think it was one of those black thin CD cases (the back of it). Not the thicker insert part in some of those.

There was another person on here that bought a 600 mw laser from (rayfoss??). Paid a lot of money and when he tested it (with an IR filter), it came out to be like 125 mw or something insanely low.

You can also just send it to a good member here that is close who will test it for you. Save you the hassle. Especially don't want to return it if you aren't certain.

When you say the back of the CD case do you mean the back Black part that holds the CD? thats what I'm useing

Last edited:

Last edited:
Personally, i would not even attempt to have that thing metered. I would just get a refund if you can and buy one from jetlasers.

Personally, i would not even attempt to have that thing metered. I would just get a refund if you can and buy one from jetlasers.

Just based off of the little research I have done, I would second this opinion as well. It might be worth the extra time and patience to get almost half your money back and get a better laser.

midias

Well if you get desperate I would be happy to check it on my LPM for you.

madog

That "Freak" site also mentions Yamataka and TOPLASER II.