Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to screw around with a Craigslist scammer?

Hey all,

I just got a reply for my iPhone ad.

Typical send it to West Africa for my Son scam, this is my second time getting the exact same email, and I am getting tired of him.

Any ideas to fool around with him? This is his latest reply:

ok
thanks for the mail am willing to buy this item from you as a gift ..
to my son in west Africa so how much is the last price off it and you are going to help me ship the item to west Africa ... thanks asap.........

Send him a turd in a nice box. ;) J/K :D

Im fed up of these scams too. Ive been subject to too many of them whilst trying to buy a car. I was also trying to sell something else and some guy contacted me. See if you can spot the scam:

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. i think i have to introduce my self. My name is Malik Rajha the child of the late defense minister of Syria (Gen. Daoud Rajha ) who was killed in bomb attack on July 2012 in National Security headquarters in Damascus (Syria). during an all important meeting. My father"s death has ever remained a blow to our entire family and as it is right now I have decided to have an overseas Investment outside my country and it has to be confidential.

I want to purchase this ..... and some other ..... to set up the business over there. and it will also be an opportunity for me to move out my funds out of the country. Let me know the total amount you want to sell the ..... so that i can process the payment. and i will come over to you as soon as everything is confirmed. Can you handle for me in good faith ?

The President (Bashar al-Assad) does not allow V.I.P presently in service as well as their relatives traveling outside Syria to engage in any form of Overseas business ventures as such move would be termed as betrayal or sabotage on the side of the Government.

Am planing to fix up some investment over there as i don't want to come back to this country anymore as i believe the war will not favor the president. I will be very happy if you can help me on this predicament and i will compensate for any service you render for me.

I humbly await for your quick response

And....the punch line....

Hi sir,
I will be waiting for the invoice. but sir, you have to make a invoice of 5,000,000 (Five Million USD ) So that i can transfer all the funds at once. Sir you have to handle this for me in good faith and i will offer you 30% from the total amount.

Try to understand my situation in this country. the war is not going to favor the president and i may end up loosing all this funds.

your prompt reply will be appreciated

Even after I told him to go jump and stop scamming people. He tried desperately to convince me it wasnt a scam..:tinfoil::crackup:

Heh, that's crazy!

I wonder if he made any money from his scams... :angel:

Who knows. I got a group email some months later with about 20 other people on it, so Im guessing they all told him where to go as well? Anyway I hope no one got scammed...

With your phone, was he actually offering a gift payment or just mentioning that it would be a gift. If he sent it as a gift via PP you should be ok?:thinking::beer:

Last edited:
I normally send a response like im super interested blah blah blah tell me more information so I can take advantage of this opportunity etc etc and then last line I put something along the lines of 'the above is what id say if I was a f**king idiot. Hope your mother is proud of you'

Never get a response back

Thanks for the idea, I just did the same thing to one of the replies I got.

What I wrote:

nzz.png

I just got a few more the past couple of hours... any more ideas? :D

With your phone, was he actually offering a gift payment or just mentioning that it would be a gift. If he sent it as a gift via PP you should be ok?:thinking::beer:

I think he's trying to say it's a gift for his son.

A few weeks ago when I wasn't aware of these scams, I was actually arguing with the scammer how I wouldn't accept his money unless it was sent as a PP gift. Sigh...

Last edited:
How about this:

Excellent. Please send the check to:

FBI Denver
Federal Office Building, Room 1823
1961 Stout Street, 18th. Floor
Denver, Colorado
80294-1823

The phone number is (303) 629-7171.

Use tracking for the mail, and make sure to pay for the mailing with your valid credit card. When you have noted that the check has arrived, let me know right away. I’ll go straight there and your shipper can meet me immediately.

How’s that sound?

EDIT: you can change it to whatever local agency you want. Got a few more ideas up my sleeve if interested

Last edited:
:crackup:

I wonder if I can tell him PP addresses of those who I don't like. :D

haha or send him a message back and in the first few lines seem all hunky dory about the deal. in the body of the message put something along the lines of 'i hope you dont mind but i made a few modifications to the phone that i forgot to tell you about. i replaced the stock apple charging port with a unique but ingenious invention of mine. you hook the new cable into the phone and on the end of it is a collection cup. in order to charge the phone it now requires Lock Ness Monster tears. I hope this doesnt deter you from pursuing this purchase'

sinner

Tell him you have exactly what he needs and give him a number of local bank, the manager will take care of his money! DAH!