Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to remove a green laser diode out of a gold brass 10" cyclinder casing?

Ozzy22

My laser pointer will turn on only when i mash down on the botton so i am trying to figure out how to get the diode out to see what the problem is and if maybe i could fix it. It seems to have only one point of access and that is from the back where the batteries go into it. I would really appreciate any feed back thankyou. Its a pleasure to be here from Houston Tx. USA

Attachments

• 1563599044542750702837.jpg
    1563599044542750702837.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 1563599284044388679832.jpg
    1563599284044388679832.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 23

GSS

Like you asked in the other post, I believe that pen is called a "Laser 66 host" or was sold as hosts by a member of that name.
It looks like it's missing the oblong shaped momentary button.
It was a bit complicated to make to begin with as far as the trigger setup. Some had a tiny LED light next to the momentary switch.
They were built with some kind of plastic piece that went over the driver's switch, that allowed the main switch to make contact.
It's hard to explain but there are some threads with builds of these..

Here's one of the many builds, this one has a led light.
Encap, just posted with a best one, right to the source...:):):)

Last edited:
Hi,
Ok the diode and driver and the button board come out from the front of the pen . If you use a lens barrel screwed into the 12mm module that holds the diode it should slide out the front not the back. Like GSS said it looks like you lost the black oval plastic button head , that raises the contact button . If all you need is that black oval piece I have them

Rich:)

Reactions: GSS

Ozzy22

Hey thankyou guys for the threads. I have all the pieces that belong to the laser like the button etc. So i managed to get the front of the laser off which it unscrewed but it still didnt allow me access to the trigger or the diode. Also the led indicator light next to the switch will sometmes illuminate when a lot of pressure is applied then let off slowly. Again thankyou for the feedback its much appreciated.

GSS

You probably unscrewed the lens only??
You might need a tiny bit of force from behind to push the module out which the diode is pressed into. It's going to take a little thinking on just how to press out the module/diode without breaking the driver board from behind.
Putting it together again will take some trial and error also as you have to line up everything like the switches and led lights in the host holes.
The driver might be bending a little which would keep the switch from pressing down enough.
When you reach the final assembly point the best way to work with the host is to keep the hole parts towards the floor where the oval button won't fall out..
You will figure it out, i'm just giving some silly advice;)