Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to remove 445nm diode from Kardel gattling housing?

Nae K

Kind of new to this forum as well as working with lasers, I am very exact about my safety with glasses, and being careful not to burn myself but this is a 1W 445nm and I have some ideas but I purchased it as a "kardel gattling laser" and I've removed the shafts on the side that look like "gattling" I was thinking about dremeling it out but im not sure. Any help is appreciated, thank you! (its the one in the image except the housing is about 3 inches long)

Attachments

• wlfsv3000mw445iz-5.jpg
    wlfsv3000mw445iz-5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 7

Nexgen

It might be a challenge removing it without special tools. I had exactly same laser and I wanted to extract the diode. I got it out but it got decanned, I used thinnest possible screwdriver(get it between diode and brass heatsink) and gentle hammer push and did the job done. It’s on your risk, you can destroy it completely as cracked glass can touch emitter.

But I do not recommend doing that as chances are small as heck.

They make diode extracting tools for both the TO-18 and the TO-5 case diodes. You can remove it using the TO-18, 5.6 mm, diode extracting tool. There are two of these threads. :/