Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to put thumbnails on this forum?

Just curious how to place smaller images on this forum, linked to the larger full size images.

Just put the image file on the forum like normal and highlight that whole text and use the link button to link it to the original image. I suggest imgur.com for this because you can embed small images.
[URL~"ORIGINAL IMAGE LINK"]
[/URL] Replace ~ with =

Last edited:
I struggle with this, too. The only way I know how to attach a larger image, but link thumbnails inline with my post, is to host them offsite. I use photobucket. I then copy link from PB back to LPF posts. The only downside is I can never move or organize the photos, because the links get broken in the posts.

Just copy and paste the code I posted and fill in the appropriate spots with your links. Upload your image to imgur.com

HTML:
[URL="ORIGINAL IMAGE LINK"][IMG]SMALL IMAGE LINK[/IMG][/URL]

Photobucket does this for me.
I simply upload the image, and it provides me a link to the larger and smaller images already formatted as SerpentSlayer indicated. imgur.com may do this, too, IDK.

so you need 2 images? smaller and larger?

Depends what site youre using to host the image file. Imgur gives you a link to use depending on how big you want the image to be, all using the same image you uploaded. You should probably use photobucket as pschlosser suggests it sounds easier.

Last edited:
im using my own site. uploaded by FTP.
il guess il try to register with photobucket.

do you mean like this?
if so, just attach the image file using the little paperclip icon. however the max size is 600 x 800. just reply if you would like more details.

Attachments

• 100_0667-1.JPG
    100_0667-1.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited: