Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to get good beamshots with an Android phone?

I'm sure this is in the wrong spot, but I couldn't figure out where else it would go. It's related to lasers, so it wouldn't go in "other" and I don't think it would go in help because that's for help with the lasers themselves...

Anyway, I'm wondering how to get the best beamshots with my Android phone. I've seen people say that setting it to RAW works best for beamshots, but I can't figure out how to do that with my phone (I've tried a few different camera apps). This one claims to have raw output, but the pictures look identical to the stock camera, so I doubt it's actually raw. Are there any apps out there that have enough settings to produce a good beamshot, or do I need to invest in a real camera?

The best beam shots come from a laser mounted in a stationary position and a camera that has an adjustable exposure setting. The longer the exposure time, and the more still the beam, the better the shot

The best beam shots come from a laser mounted in a stationary position and a camera that has an adjustable exposure setting. The longer the exposure time, and the more still the beam, the better the shot

Well, most of the camera apps I've seen have adjustable exposure, I just can't hold my phone still XD

just find a way to prop it.... one cool trick, if you can get a longer exposure time, go outside and and stand about 20 feet away from your garage door. then with your laser try to quickly "write" your name with your laser on the door. practice this, then when you think you got it, do it while your camera is taking it's pic. you will get your name on photo. it's pretty cool.

michael.