Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to focus the anser from laser glow

Garuda

It says it can but the cap is really tight I tried turning it with a wrench and now the metals just scratched

LG-Green-Pen.jpg

The chrome ring at the end turns to focus the laser. This is the Altair laser, I don't think the Anser is focusable

Garuda

That weird cause it came with instructions and it said it was able to be focused

Wow! Forty bucks for a simple 532 nm DPSS laser. You could get a 303 or 304 style 532nm laser on eBay for far less and it would likely be as high as 80 mW in output power. All of them are able to be focused and are less than $10.

Not all ebay dpss 532nm pointers are designed to be focused and all 303/304's are not all less than 10 dollars.

It says it can but the cap is really tight I tried turning it with a wrench and now the metals just scratched
Like Encap said, it would be a good idea to contact LaserGlow about their product.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, and many of the ebay ones are way above 5mW and you have no idea what power they are. I have a couple of the Laserglow ones for exactly that reason. I know they are less than 5mW, they come with a power certificate and are safe to be used as pointers and shown to friends without everyone having to wear goggles or worrying about someone who's not used to lasers doing something stupid and blowing their eyes out. Good for beginners that reason too.

Not all ebay dpss 532nm pointers are designed to be focused and they are not all less than 10 dollars.

Like Encap said, it would be a good idea to contact LaserGlow about their product.

I only said that the 303 and 304 style lasers are able to be focused. They are.