Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how to enjoy

what is the main attraction in playing with green lasers? what feature or activity gives you the most fun? i enjoy the intensity of the green beacon as it reaches into space. i also enjoy blasting my coworkers; only those that do not object.

S

SenKat

I friggin LOVE the community that has sprung up from an awesome tool/toy. I have met some good people on here, and a few other places, who share the same interests, and hobbies, and generally get along ! I love the intensity of the light, been a laser fan since before the original Star Wars movie (dating myself a little) and have always wanted to own some that were more than just a little red dot. I am a fan for life ! I also love building electronic projects, and making things work - hence my love for the dvd-burner laser project. TOTALLY awesome ! Not to mention all the effect you can do with the light - the time tunnel, etc...I'm there !

Randall --

That's all fun IF you observe safety. I don't shine mine at ANYBODY - PERIOD.

DON"T shine into the sky until you are sure there's no airplanes up there. NO KIDDING.

Pop balloons, light matches and try mixing with red but above all -- Be careful with your eyes and others.

Mike

T

timelord

Let's wait for the bogus reports from WL
They are recreational company NOT MILITARY SUPPLIERS
I know first hand kids .....

randall158 said:
has anyone used it scuba diving?

I've never used it like that but if you shine it into your pool or some clear water you can make some pretty cool effects

T

timelord

There's nothing more satisfying than a balloon exploding as soon as the green beam touches it BANG!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

S

SenKat

I'll bet it can be done - Windstrings lit a match under water for goodness sake !!!

T

timelord

That herc is a beast i'm sure windstring can pull a few more tricks out of the hat soon :D

BooBoo

timelord, you must have some serious issues with WickedLasers, they do Not claim to be Military suppliers, rather they state they are similar/to the same types of lasers and tech the Military Is using.... and here and there through a few testimonials (bugus or not) there Have been folks in the Military buying them From WickedLasers, for more than likely personal reasons as well... as to what laser to buy... The Herc sounds Awsome, except for its size and such.... realy just for the 100percent duty cycle... is that right ? Just Beware of the lasers DL sells, as they can be nice if you get lucky and not get one that shifts to a lower mW(not to mention the hell my friend went through with thier customer service, until he decided to just keep his labeled 95mW that dimmed to stay at about a 40mW after a week, and yes a laser check was used), as most CNIs are want to do.... Optronics.. I am not familiar with first hand... and the Herc I have only read about... please let us know how it works ;)