Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to drive 60W laser array, and make dummy load.

Yeah, I'm running one of these that should make it work. Don't laugh, one of the goals is to make this almost entirely out of recycled materials. Almost.
I was actually intending on combining it with a few nubb24. But I appreciate the experienced parameters when it comes to voltage for the osram array. I hadn't realized when I was buying it that it was a four channel system. Thank you again.

The Osram arrays are not as good as the N1ch1as and the diodes don't take as much current, but voltage is still around 4 - 4.5V per emitter at the normal operating current.

So if you used the power supply I linked you would wire all 4 channels in series ( drive 20 diodes in series ) and as long as you set your current to 2.0A then it doesn't matter if you set the voltage limit a little too high as it will limit the current and only the voltage needed at that current will flow, the power supply ramps up where you can see the numbers on the display going up.

Or you can just start at 4.0V per diode and limit to 2.0A and add voltage if it won't reach the 2.0A

So 20 diodes at 4.0V each is only 80V but you will need 90V or there about @ 2.0A but you can start at 80V just to feel extra safe and adjust it up.

EDIT: It may be 5V ..... I can't remember as it's been a while since I had my Osram array, I like the N1ch1as much better. Anyway it should be populated with something similar to these chips so you can see the data sheet says 5V forward V so 20 x 5 would be 100V but again you can start low. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/1345477101...RBE4YyMUb5cWCmm4v95MQZH3Kw1e|tkp:BFBM1OeJ-tBi

Last edited: