Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean my laser diode

Ainus

My laser diode is realy dirty how to clean my laser diodeP_20190401_151438.jpg

DTR

I am thinking by the picture you still have a lens in front of the diode and the contaminate is on the lens. If the lens is in place and you turn it the artifact with rotate with the lens. If it is on the diode window it will remain fixed. I am thinking as well if it was on the diode window it would have already burnt. If you have the means to run the laser at a very low current just over lasing threshold I strongly recommend doing that before powering it to full again.

It is likely burned into the window. If that is the case, you might want to leave it as your only alternative would be to decan the diode. That could seriously reduce the life of that diode.

If burned into window, you aren’t able to clean it
You should remove the glass window of diode! You will Never been like that!

Ainus

There is no burn marks in diode window but its litle birt dirty and how to clean this smal dust particles

GSS

This guy's video go against just about everything that experienced members have posted.
Not any kind of alcohol like he say's, it matter's. Recommened 99%+ pure and a bike pump has to much moisture..

Last edited:
I've had good luck using a disposable lens cloth and a very small allen key to spin it around on the window.

decan is the best method I though. but I will be risk because the dusk can get touch the laser diode chip. I've done some window cracking and 1 of laser survived (My 515nm T-DRAGON build).

Ainus

How to clean it the diode if Im not clean the diode my diode is chip or crack ?

Ainus

I wil clean my diode vith lens cleaning wipes and presured air I hope its works