Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How To: Check For Planes Before Beaming

Are there any numbers you can call in US if you plan to have a laser shoot. IE every one aiming at a certain point such as the 4th of july fireworks? Or to let pilots know to avoid that part of the sky.

Ha. No. They're not going to reroute commercial or even general aviation) aircraft so someone can point a laser skywards. To be able to do so legally requires a variance from the FAA which is not an easy task. I've seen the form and it's quite lengthy. IIRC the cost isn't cheap either. If you really want to point one skywards your best bet is to do it in the middle of the night when there are fewer flights and less people to potentially see it and freak out but if you live near a major airport just forget about it.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the data on Flight Aware is typically delayed by a good 5, sometimes 10 minutes. FlightRadar 24 can be real time or delayed depending on the location.

Ill use the apps mentioned, common sense, And a solid hillside for backstop. I was only wanting to warn the private pilots coming from local airstrip if possible.