Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to Affix the Tailcap Cover on a MS-SSW Host

IsaacT

Attaching the switch covers on Sinner hosts can be a tricky thing. The first one I ever tried ended up becoming stuck from the epoxy. But....

I have good news! I got my switch mod done and it works great!!! It is not sticky at all. What i did was fill the switch cover with lots of J-B Weld and then dragged a toothpick sideways across the top to make it perfectly flat. I then allowed it to sit for a few days to cure. Product:

Then I dabbed a tiny amount on the top of the button and smeared it around a little bit such that it covered the top thinly...I didn't want pressure from the button squirting the J-B weld over the sides and causing a ruckus. Then I laid the switch on top, centered it, and put corner pieces of a receipt in each side to keep it centered and stable so that I didnt have to hold it for the hours it needed to cure. I left it like this for 24 hours or so:

Then I removed the paper and tried it out and it works perfectly. No stickiness, which was my biggest fear! End result:

Hope that is a decent explanation of how I went about it.

Thanks,
Isaac