Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How powerful does a laser have to be for a mobile DJ with 100 peeps?

Hey guys,

I know this isn't about Laser Pens, but wondering someone here may know…….

I am a mobile DJ and many gigs are 100 people tops.

Id like to add a laser (or two in sync) and am wondering how bright it would have to be for a typical 100 people gig. Lighting is room light as per health and safety at most of these places. But its far from out doors in the middle of the day.

I understand the question differs whether you get a red or green of blue laser so for this purpose and to keep it simples how bright a laser in Green?

Anyone recommend anything? Im in the UK so looking at Kam at the mo. Not sure how easy it is to pick up American DJ. Id basically like the best value for money. Cash is an issue. Couple of hundred pounds best. (Sub $400s)

Any help appreciated. :yh:

This is ground control to Major Tom.

Assuming you're doing the gig in the typical dark and smoky club or you have a mister. What you probably will be a laser projector with DAC in souncards and dichros and stuff so the beam will dance to the music either pre-programmed or automatically.

I'm by no mean a newbie and by that I mean my knowledge in lasers is so elementary I am barely silicon in the ecosystem of lasers.

I refer you to our Laser aficionado , Mr Safety , electronics brainiac and all round great guy , Hak to answer your questions.
Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers - View Profile: hakzaw1

In the mean time also check out our Laser Show segment of the forum for more details about getting your lasers and gnarly music gig together for a kickass show.(Laser Shows - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers)